Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

These wheels from Classic Alfa have got my attention. Has anyone put them on a spider? Any photos? I've searched the bb and haven't found anything. Lots of GTA rims but not these. The Classic Alfa site shows them listed as an option though.

Here's a link and a photo.

WH040 5.5 x 15" TZ/Ti SUPER REPLICA ALLOY WHEEL

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked on their site and saw that they offer them for sale, In the gallery I didn't see any spiders with these wheels...

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
It's the offsets that really matter. I think these have an ET of 36mm and are 5.5 in wide so they should fit without trouble. I think the TZ wheels w/ hubcaps would look great on a Spider.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the offsets that really matter. I think these have an ET of 36mm and are 5.5 in wide so they should fit without trouble. I think the TZ wheels w/ hubcaps would look great on a Spider.
Yes, according to their website it has a ET of 36. In fact in a photo of the backside of the wheel it's clearly stamped. I think they would too, but it's a big commitment so it would be helpful to see a photo of them mounted on a spider!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I think we are, like the wheels in question, going round in circles. From not only my post but from the others, we took your request to be..... would the 15" x 5 wheels fit and look OK on a Spider. It now appears that you want the visual reassurance of a photograph for aesthetic reasons I presume. May I ask what is behind this request? If you are at all concerned about aesthetics and proportion then stick with the 14" wheels and, by all means, go with the GTA style rims.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think we are, like the wheels in question, going round in circles. From not only my post but from the others, we took your request to be..... would the 15" x 5 wheels fit and look OK on a Spider. It now appears that you want the visual reassurance of a photograph for aesthetic reasons I presume. May I ask what is behind this request? If you are at all concerned about aesthetics and proportion then stick with the 14" wheels and, by all means, go with the GTA style rims.
Stuart, not sure where this came from, but to quote my original post "Has anyone put them on a spider? Any photos? I've searched the bb and haven't found anything." I don't know how else you could have interpreted that.

Yes, I'm looking to find "visual reassurance" from a photo.

Finally, again as noted in my original post, I had already seen plenty of GTA photos.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rich

I thought of that, but an issue with these wheels is the center area. On a GTA there is a "hub" on the TZ it's a hole and I'm just not sure how it would look with the steel bearing cap... So I though someone's experience and an actual photo would be helpful

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
TZ wheels have holes for the bearing cap....if you want them for their accented ventilation holes then accept the hole and paint the cap silver. If not go with the GTA style. As a matter of interest my Lightweight has what you refer to as the TZ rims and my Spider has the GTA type but in the 14" variety.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I thought of that, but an issue with these wheels is the center area. On a GTA there is a "hub" on the TZ it's a hole and I'm just not sure how it would look with the steel bearing cap...
You can always order the Classic Alfa TZ replicas with clips fitted and run hubcaps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
TZ rims have holes in them and that's the way they come. If you want them for aesthetic reasons then you have to accept the holes and paint the bearing cap silver if that is what is concerning you. For my money (and I have what you call the TZ rims on my lightweight and the GTA rims on my Spider) the 14" GTA rim with a 165 tyre is the best visual result.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, back to my original question... And I think it a simple and straightforward request, if someone has a photo with a spider fitted with the Classic Alfa TZ wheel I'd love to see it!

(Please, no more opinions on whether my request is valid or necessary.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
(Please, no more opinions on whether my request is valid or necessary.)

Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

Hummm. I note that you haven't posted on the bb very many times so I am assuming that you may be relatively new to the bb. Nonetheless, whether you are new or a long-time lurker, there is a style of discourse here on the bb which is designed to elicit as much information as possible when people ask questions. Some of that information is direfctly useful, some of it discursive, some of it not particularly useful to the person asking the question but still useful in a generic sense, allowing others with similar interests to benefit from a wider context. Telling people who know a lot more about a subject than you do that their attempts to help are trivial is a dramatically poor way to communicate on the bb and an equally poor way to get help with your problem. I'm done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts