Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody here sourced the plastic slider for the window regulators in a Berlina?

I assume they are similar to a Spider or GTV, but I don't think I have ever heard of someone replacing one. They break all the time on the Buick Roadmaster windows, I had to replace both rear sliders when I bought ours.

So today I decided to tackle a bunch of little projects that I had parts for already. Replacing the front door seals, window channels, and felts.

When I pulled the door panel off the driver's door I also wanted to see what was going on with my sticky window regulator.

The channel and the plastic slider are both worn enough that the slider binds in the channel, making it tough to get the window up or down. A liberal dose of white grease has helped, as has replacing the window felt. But before I button it up I would love to replace that slider for a lasting repair.

I also figured out that there was no moisture barrier on the door, so the inside of the door panel is waterlogged. I will correct that before putting it back together.

In the images below you can see the gap between the slider and the channel it is worn so badly.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might try that, but I"m hoping for a solution that doesn't involve removing the regulator, one of the jobs I hate on older cars. I might have a spare GM slider around to compare, I'll report back with whatever I figure out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts