Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What I have here is a Parrish hardtop that's pretty gutted.It looks like the back section has drifted away from the front, kinda bent away, and cause it not to fit right... As you can hopefully see, the back portion doesn't really sit on the car, and seems to be several inches away from the lip.

I'd also like to see some pictures of how other factory tops fit, seal and secure to the car. If anybody has any detail pictures or ideas for my project, that would be excellent!

***Edit: Affter playing with it longer I can see that the top will snug it'self when it's pushed down, but I could still use photos for ideas and insperation, partucularly on mounting and attaching windows...

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
That does not appear to be an Alfa top, at least its not like mine which fits snuggly on all my spiders both past and present. Will try and get some photo's soon. Did it come with the car? Know its history? Matt

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I have a Parrish hardtop at home, presently on a to-be-tended 1974 Spider. I'll get some pics for you tonight.

Michael

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AlfaMatty-It's a Parrish top designed for a series two spider. I got it from a BB member. (thanks Neil! :)

MrT-That's going to be a great help, thanks!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
flamebero
You may want to reserve those thank you's.
That's a DYNA Plastics top, aka: Royal Coach. They were located in So. El Monte, CA but are long out of business.

You are definately missing the aluminum extrusion below the missing rear plexiglass pane.

The attached pic shows a similar top purported to fit a Roundtail - note that it does not have side glass. I'm not familiar with the application for your top; it may be for a 115 or ... something else.

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
i have the factory hardtop and its also a loose fit with an inch around the chrome to spare (and some bad rubbing of the paint there).

there are hooks that hold it down

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
parrish hardtop on '74 Spider

Well, it's not a pretty Spider as yet, but the hardtop isn't the best either. The pics show the rearmost portion of the hardtop, with the plastic window and the curve around the rear corner. Nothing special. Sorry I didn't do it yesterday, especially if you were holding your breath. You can breathe now.

Michael

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts