Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1989 Spider Quad came with a hardtop which is in excellent condition. The problem is when the hardtop is in place, the road noise is horrible. I have attached a picture of the driver's inside edge of the hardtop. The picture is labeled #1 and #2. To me, the channel labeled #1 may be missing a rubber gasket. My questions are where does the window slide into the hardtop and should there be a rubber seal glued into the empty channel labeled #1. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Works in Progress
204 Posts
My 1989 Spider Quad came with a hardtop which is in excellent condition. The problem is when the hardtop is in place, the road noise is horrible. I have attached a picture of the driver's inside edge of the hardtop. The picture is labeled #1 and #2. To me, the channel labeled #1 may be missing a rubber gasket. My questions are where does the window slide into the hardtop and should there be a rubber seal glued into the empty channel labeled #1. Any help would be appreciated. View attachment 1661514
You are not missing any gasket in your above pic. Your #1 is what would be considered as a rain gutter secured into place by the steel bracket with screws seen above to deter rainwater from directly settling onto the seam of where your window comes into contact with your inner #2 gasket. Your window should settle into the area where the pointer of your #2 arrow is pointing (roughly.) I have undertaken the Herculean task of creating a replacement gasket set (shameless plug,) for these hardtops... Coming soon!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts