Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this information "off the Internet ". Don't know if I should be Happy or Sad about this information. Where HERE!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
Yet again SUVs out sell "cars". It is what the customers want.

Pete

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Happy or Sad?

I'd say those are good numbers.
Do you really think so? Alfa Return 2015; Now: Jan. 2019 . . . . Thirty-Five "Thousand" cars in four years.
I know they're not Toyota or BMW numbers, and who wants Alfas to get as common; as well - TRASH.
It's away's fun to say "Hey Look, there's "Nalfa". Cool . . . .

Are these numbers big enough to keep them here ? ? ?

Shouldn't Alfa be making a Group A Car from a run maybe of Five-Hundred numbered limited 4Cs. They'd sell 'em all and could get a maybe a Hundred-Thousand for each. "I have a Factory Group A 4C in my collection of Alfas". Sounds Wealthy !

·
Supporting Vendor
4,334 Posts
Do you really think so? Alfa Return 2015; Now: Jan. 2019 . . . . Thirty-Five "Thousand" cars in four years.
I know they're not Toyota or BMW numbers, and who wants Alfas to get as common; as well - TRASH.
It's away's fun to say "Hey Look, there's "Nalfa". Cool . . . .

Are these numbers big enough to keep them here ? ? ?
I think the sales numbers are pretty good. They were really just gearing up in 2015-2017 so it's best to look at the 2018 sales.

For comparison, I think they sold roughly 200,000 cars in the US between 1955-1995.

I think they need to set realistic goals (their initial goals for the re-launch were not realistic), but IMHO if they consistently sell between 25,000 and 50,000 cars a year they should be OK as a niche manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's comforting coming from you, Joe. 200,000 cars. Wonder what the World Wide sales for Alfa look like. They probably have made 50,000 Guilias since its introduction, Europe, Japan, Australia, the Gulf countries. 2019 could be a really good year for Sales for Alfa.

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
A hybrid 4 cylinder SUV ... and they could not make enough to keep up with sales.

SUVs are the future of automotive transport and thankfully Alfa have made a good one. A hybrid with Alfas sporty image would be the best of both worlds, outside of America (where gas prices are artificially low to prop up GM).

Personally I'd be interested in a hybrid 4 cylinder 2 wheel drive model, if I was looking for a new car ... and would sell the 156v6, as I'd not use it.
Pete

·
Registered
90 Posts
Those figures are pathetic for what are essentially mid-range cars. They don’t come close to paying for the development and marketing of these products. No major OEM would continue with this volume.

I love Alfa’s and always have but real is real.

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
Those figures are pathetic for what are essentially mid-range cars. They don’t come close to paying for the development and marketing of these products. No major OEM would continue with this volume.
Which is why modern Alfas are FIATs underneath. Alfa AND FIAT share the development costs.
Pete

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Jaguar sold 19000 F-Paces in 2017 and around 15000 in 2018, so I'm pretty happy with 10000 Stelvios sold in a country where at least half of the drivers don't know what Alfa Romeo is. Giulia compares similarly with Jag XE which sold around 12000 units this year.

Jaguar F-Pace US car sales figures

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
They are catching on. I usually see at least one Giulia or Stelvio a day in Dallas. Most of the negative “reliability” press has quieted down. Time will tell if it is sustainable.

Fiat’s US sales numbers are pathetic given the price point of its cars. Not sure that the Fiat brand is worth propping up in the US for too much longer.

Sergio was committed to giving Alfa a chance here, knowing that acceptance needed to be earned over time. I hope the current leadership feels the same (and is willing to rely on the tremendous profits FCA is making on Jeep and Ram for a while).

·
Registered
33 Posts
But as a start to a long-term plan, hopefully it’ll be enough. In the NY Metro area, I see Alfas regularly now — they’re definitely selling.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Fiat needs to stop wasting their resources trying to stay in US and FCA should concentrate on bringing new AR models over here. Giulietta, mitos, maybe larger and smaller SUV. AR needs more models for a better exposure, getting a decent market share with only 2 models going to be tough.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,334 Posts
Which is why modern Alfas are FIATs underneath. Alfa AND FIAT share the development costs.
Pete
The Giulia and Stelvio don't really share any hardware with FIATs. I think a more accurate statement would be that the next generation of Dodge and Chrysler vehicles will likely be Alfas underneath. FCA has invested massively in the "Giorgio" platform and is using Alfa to develop it. And when you look at a Giulia or Stelvio underneath it really is an impressive chassis.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Picture Please

The Giulia and Stelvio don't really share any hardware with FIATs. I think a more accurate statement would be that the next generation of Dodge and Chrysler vehicles will likely be Alfas underneath. FCA has invested massively in the "Giorgio" platform and is using Alfa to develop it. And when you look at a Giulia or Stelvio underneath it really is an impressive chassis.
Pictures Please . . .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts