Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little bird just told me that you had a significant birthday recently Glenn. It sounds like you had a great party. All the very best wishes for the future.

Rhys

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
X2. Hope to visit if we go to Cornish this fall.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Yep, happy birthday to you Glenn. I'm right behind ya, bro.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Rock on HMA!!

May all your chords (and Alfas!) have consonance!

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Happy Birthday Glenn! Hope you had a great day!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Thanks guys !!
Had a heck of a good time, big bonfire, tons-o food and great friends.
Had 3 GTV6's and a race Alfetta there too! I'll give Alfasrule kudos for driving that Alfetta up the mountain, brave man!
Feels a little weird, being 60. I still play hard rock, though I wear earplugs now!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you had a great time Glenn. I know what you mean about turning 60. I had my 60th last year and still don't believe it. I have to sit on a guitar player's chair to play bass these days because my guitar is made of black walnut and is heavy, so my back isn't up to standing all night playing it. I do sometimes take earplugs with me just in case and I have an SPL meter on my iPhone to check sound levels if they worry me. I haven't done much playing since my rock band broke up earlier this year sadly. My dad still gets compliments for his singing at the age of 87 so I think I have a while to go yet.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I hear that OZ3. When I play, I keep a bar stool on stage next to my amp in case my back gives out.
I have sworn that if I ever get to the point I can't stand on stage, I want my roadie to duct tape me upright to my amp so I can play !!

At the shop, it has gotten very difficult to get up and down off the floor. We don't have lifts here, and it can be a drag standing back up.
Fortunately, I have trained 2 great guys half my age to be Alfa mechanics, with a specialty in GTV6, so we can still go on saving these cars. They are both fanatics now too !!

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,651 Posts
"I hope I die before I get old..."

Oooops. Too late.

:)

Saw them in the day. Time passes us by, but let's not let the experiences be missed.

Going to see King Crimson this Saturday. Now there's a party in 15/8 time.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Happy Birthday Heavy Metal Alfa

a most Happy Birthday to you good sir! enjoy your Day and many, many more (or at least as many as you may want, but no more than that).

as one who just turned 67 (09/17) I can and will invoke the deathless words of Pogo - I have seen the enemy - it is us.

be well and be and drive/ride safe...

·
Registered
974 Posts
happy bday HMA!!!

Many more brother!

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
This is what I wrote in the Forum What did you do Alfa related today? oz3 youuu!!!

"""I went to to one of the Best AFLA Events ever. One of our Alfa Brothers had a monumental even in his life, and I had the honor & privalige to be invited. I had such a wonderful time. Not only the Alfistis, but such Friendly People! My Race car was very well received, because it made it up GLENNCO Mountain, on the Dirt road from HELL. It didn't make it down. Thank God there was a ALFA Brother to help me fix it! I hope there is a picture of the car on top of the hill and the road I had to drive up just to show everyone?

You were all invited as well yet I was the only one to show up WTH?

Glen Gaudin AKA Heavy Metal Alfa turned 60 years old and yous didn't show up?

The Party was exeptional the Food OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The new people I met, Glenncos friends & family. Got to get to know HMA's team, cause every time I show up they're working!

The only complaint I got was there was "NO" Bloons, Birthday Cake and more especially Party Hats! """

There are ALFA events I go to and the people their worry about the dust on their cars after driving them to events. When I showed up, HMA & his buddy in a Quad as they lead me up the MOUNTAIN were grabbing ROCKS out of the road so I can make it up! I did it cause AlfasRule and that 1st gear is a TRUCK Gear. I even got RACE Tires on this car. It roared right up there! HMA you gotta post some pics especially the PIGGIE Stickers and the Monti Box! I remember you made someone take those pictures.

You ALFA BOYZ. especially the close ones, missed out! Yea I drove 180 Miles amongst leaf peapers and had some very slow periods driving East & West, but I had my moments! What a party! We stayed up all night! 5:30 I went to sleep by a MAINE CAMP FIRE, at least a 1/2 of CORD was burn't, in my sleeping bag under the stars and the rising sun, hearing GLENN drive home in the Blue MEANIE to the other side of the mountain! "S" his ride took off!

My interest in Alfas has not only made me appreciate my cars, but more especially the TRUE Alfistis I meet, and HMA is one of those "True Alfa Romeo Owners" and now a Friend, God Bless. I'll be there for the 70th! If I'm invited?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My interest in Alfas has not only made me appreciate my cars, but more especially the TRUE Alfistis I meet, and HMA is one of those "True Alfa Romeo Owners" and now a Friend, God Bless.
That's a great story. I wish I could have been there. That last sentence sums up Alfa ownership for me too.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 19 of 19 Posts