Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check out what this idiot did, he backed into a pole.

p.s. that's my car

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
Not in my Alfa, but...

I backed into a pick-up with the tail gate down. I couldn't see it and thought I had two more feet before impact! I could have killed the guy for leaving his tail-gate down!

Garrett:(

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
I feel your pain! I once backed into an F350 bumper that took out the RR til light assy and part of the RR 1/4. Doh!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I am sorry to see that Snaidy. Don't let it get you. It happens !
I backed my pickup into my wife's car a year or so ago. Did not quite dent it but apparently when I hit the brake the truck bounced and scratched the clear coat right off. It looks wierd.
It happens. My friend Chuck from Garden Grove once backed into the only pole in the middle of a one acre parking lot in front of a restuarant. We have since always accused him of aiming for it. Based on the odds of hitting or missing the pole, he had to be aiming for it.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
sniady...
it's all good. it happens to all of us at least once in our life...maybe twice. i backed my milano into a wall once. no damabge just scratched the corner of the bumper. i also hit a trailer tounge with my truck as i was trying to center it with the ball on my hitch. don't worry bro.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Looks like it was just the bumper luckily. So now are you on a search for a new one or can that be repaired?

When I was 16 I tried to back my Monte Carlo (also had a mullett back then) down my wooded hilly driveway in a snow storm. I of course lost control of the car and smashed into a tree while going backwards.

I think my dad is still laughing about that one! Maybe it was the first time his smart *** son was quiet for a couple days...heheheh

·
Registered
615 Posts
One last story...

When I was in college, I had a '52 Chevy pickup. The fuel gauge didn't work. I would listen for how much fuel was in the tank behind the seat. However, I would still run out of gas about once a month and so would carry a can of gas with me. One day I ran out of gas right in front of a gas station. But had to push my truck up to the pumps. I was pushing and stearing at the same time and could not see the four foot high steel and concrete pole at the corners of the pump island and pushed my truck into the pole, Ouch!

The worst part was I had caught the pole between the fender and the front bumper. I could no longer push my truck away from the pole. So I had to use my spare gas (THREE FEET FROM A GAS PUMP) to get the engine started to drive off of the pole and then fill up with gas.

The follies of youth.

Garrett

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hope there's not too much damage........and that she's back to her good health soon!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Ouch! It happens....

When I first got my Verde...I was out late making a CD buying run...I had the Verde probably a week, and previous to that, was driving an early 80s Chevy Cavalier....BIG difference.

I pulled away from a light, turning left onto Foothill Exp. (for the Bay Area folks...light at San Antonio and Foothill)...hit some water, but had the pedal stomped...backend swung out, I flung the wheel to correct it, but FLUNG it...so it swung around the other way and I ended up sliding backwards into the center island...backed right into it with a thump, and they had been doing construction there, so it was all mud.

Pulled my exhaust off the hangers...and more importantly...freaked me out! :D

Ted

·
Registered
333 Posts
Backed into pole

After watching you drive around town and on the track, I just figured you always drove by sound. :D
See you at Fontana?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Saniady, hey i'm real sorry ta see that. I backed my 164 into an adress sign in front of me buddy's house. This street had no street lights and I didn't see anything behind me except for a tree about 30 ft away. I felt and heard the hit so when i got out of my car i saw nothing except the tree which was way for away. At first i thought I was freakin' out and had no clue what i hit, but the next morning I saw the **** sign and kicked it down.

And another time I backed up my uncle's truck into a tree. I had a good excuse...I was only 8!

·
Registered
634 Posts
AlfaSud

I think it was L.J.K. Setright who, upon test driving the sparkling new Alfasud in the U.K., saw an opportunity for a great parking brake turn while entering his estate. He entered the turn, threw the parking brake, and plowed into the wall.

That's when he found out suds have their parking brakes on their front wheels.

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Steve - Now that's a great story!!!

RT - I don't know. I'm broke right now (especially since I'm living on my own, and going to school). Once I get a free day, I'm going to take it off, and try to fix it, and throw it back on.

By the way, nothing on my car is prestine, camera's just go wild for my car.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright, so I got my bumper off today, and before I start pounding on this thing, I want to here some good methods to straighten out this thing. Any leads?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Sniady said:
before I start pounding on this thing, I want to here some good methods to straighten out this thing.
If it doesnt come out with the hammer you have get a bigger one.

:)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey Sheriff, Good thing it was only the bumper. I have an old bumper you can have, its not perfect but it looks alot better than what you have.

Alvin.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the offer Alvin, but I'm living in Phoenix. I won't be going back to L.A. in a long time.

·
Registered
487 Posts
At least you get to smack the heck outta your bumper with a hammer.

Maybe try a rubber mallet - I figured that should go without saying, but I didn't see where anyone else said it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts