Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tire size is 205/55R16.
I changed my tires a year ago and I know probably someone might laugh at the way I chose which ones to go for.
Most sensible people would choose by performance, reputation, technical specs, etc... but I don't know much about facts. I didn't do any of that. I chose by girls.
I basically went on the web, looked a couple of pictures of racequeens and chose the brand based on which models were hotter... :rolleyes:
I ended up with Falken Ziex EZ-512s. To my surprise they were the cheapest ones on the market, the based on the reviews I've seen on the web, they're quite good too. However not all the reviews are positive. For me though, they worked perfectly. Compared with the Pirelli P7s I had, they're more comfortable, cheaper and have less road noise.
I need the tires to last me a year or a year and six months. We change our tires every year for safety due to the heat (about 60C in the summer).

However the time has come and I'm thinking of changing the tires again... But this time, I think the Hankook models are hotter....:confused:

So if I ignore my crazy method and based on the fact that I'm looking for a budget all season tire with great performance and durability... should I just stick with Falken or should I go in for the Hankook alternative?
Keep in mind that I would like to reduce the road noise and if the tires last longer, the better.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
My tire size is 205/55R16.
I changed my tires a year ago and I know probably someone might laugh at the way I chose which ones to go for.
Most sensible people would choose by performance, reputation, technical specs, etc... but I don't know much about facts. I didn't do any of that. I chose by girls.
I basically went on the web, looked a couple of pictures of racequeens and chose the brand based on which models were hotter... :rolleyes:
I ended up with Falken Ziex EZ-512s. To my surprise they were the cheapest ones on the market, the based on the reviews I've seen on the web, they're quite good too. However not all the reviews are positive. For me though, they worked perfectly. Compared with the Pirelli P7s I had, they're more comfortable, cheaper and have less road noise.
I need the tires to last me a year or a year and six months. We change our tires every year for safety due to the heat (about 60C in the summer).

However the time has come and I'm thinking of changing the tires again... But this time, I think the Hankook models are hotter....:confused:

So if I ignore my crazy method and based on the fact that I'm looking for a budget all season tire with great performance and durability... should I just stick with Falken or should I go in for the Hankook alternative?
Keep in mind that I would like to reduce the road noise and if the tires last longer, the better.
We ran Hankooks on our LeMons car, hammered the bejesus out of them and absolutely loved them. We were forced to switch when they update them to a 180 tread wear rating, the LeMons rules specify 190 minimum.

Of course, pictures to the pages where the models can be found would help us help you..

bs

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We ran Hankooks on our LeMons car, hammered the bejesus out of them and absolutely loved them. We were forced to switch when they update them to a 180 tread wear rating, the LeMons rules specify 190 minimum.

Of course, pictures to the pages where the models can be found would help us help you..

bs
LOL
Try Google images... they'll come... ofcourse here are a few....
(My apologies if the pics offend anyone)....

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There hasn't been much of replies after I posted the pictures... ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hankook ME01

Called up the local dealers to get an estimate on the cost of a set of tyres.
After taking down the size, they said that they have just one type with K114 thread pattern.
The sales person on the phone didn't know whether they were Optimos or Ventus.
She just said to check online for the K114 thread pattern and I should find it if I wanted technical details.
I did and two results came out. Hankook Ventus Me01 and Hankook Optima Me01.
The tyre seems to one specially launched for the middle eastern sector and it was launched during the Dubai Motor Show in 2009.
That and the fact that the thread pattern is K114, are so far the only details I can get for the moment.

There are other dealers I could talk to and see if I can get better information, but it appears that ME01 doesn't show up on the Hankook site so I'm not sure if this model is specific to this region...
Does anyone here have any idea where I can get more info on this???

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgive me... it is LeMons or Le Mans??? Do you have pictures of the car????

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
LeMans: Steve McQueen, Porsche, Ferrari, Ford, etc.
LeMons: Tony Curtis, (The Great Race), run what ya brung

It is an event, just not in France :)
Forum search will bring up some results and pix.

EDIT:
Yeah, and that link up there too because I type slow in the morning

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More Hankook ladies

There is an old saying among advertising professionals... "Sex sells"...
I think that Hankook took it to heart.... :D

Here's more pics of the Hankook ladies... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I use Hankook Ventus Z212's in a 195/60R14 on my Super and they are great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I'm gonna be with Hankook for quite some time...... :cool:

OMG.....

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pretty girls do not a better product make.
In the grander scheme of things, it tends to lean more the other way actually.
Wise words.... but the girls and good reviews on the product itself does make for a good choice... I think. ;)
But then that could just be me; being crazy again... :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts