Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the original handbrake boot in my '74 GTV. I obtained a leather boot from IAP but was disappointed to find that the opening for the lever is just a big gaping hole. I'd rather not put a plastic tie around it. Does anyone know the source for a leather boot with a more finished opening, smaller or with a grommet? Or failing that, a source for an oem-style vinyl boot?

TIA, Steve

·
Super Moderator
11,150 Posts
Have an upholsterer make one for you, and stitch it to your carpet (assuming your carpets are OK).

When I restored my Sprint GT, I used an upholsterer who knew nothing about Alfas. But I had taken a lot of photos at concours and other events, and even had a friend with a Sprint GT who brought his car by the upholsterer's shop for him to inspect. The photo below is an example of the sort of picture that I provided.

The upholsterer was able to do a great job of duplicating the features of a GT. He sourced some sort of generic, grey "washer" that he was able to stitch to the vinyl.

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
If you still have the original rubber grommet, you could make a mould from gypusm and cast a new one with silicone rubber. I did it myself and now have a brand new grommet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts