Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 72 Spider and I'm trying to remove the center console to get at the shifter because it pops out of 1 and 3. Anyways in the engine bay I see where the hand throttle is supposed to connect but it's not. It still feels like theirs tension when I pull the hand throttle which leaves me confused. Is this something that's affected by spica. Any help is appreciated before I go ripping apart my dash to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
The outer housing is connected to a bracket that is clamped to the side of the brake booster. You have to undo it and the inner cable that passes through the hole in the accelerator arm.

·
Super Moderator
426 Posts
The outer housing is connected to a bracket that is clamped to the side of the brake booster. You have to undo it and the inner cable that passes through the hole in the accelerator arm.
Or may be he has got a shankle sure start instead of a hand throttle. If so the cable will lead to Spicapump.

Stay healthy

Bernhard

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or may be he has got a shankle sure start instead of a hand throttle. If so the cable will lead to Spicapump.

Stay healthy

Bernhard
Update the wire comes out of the fire wall and directly into the spica pump. What are my options for disconnecting it. I dont see a good way to undo it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts