Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1973 Spider; the daily
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pulling the carpet up today to replace the antenna cable and noticed the original rubber mats. The carpet currently in the car ripped and isn't great so I pulled up the current carpet and found the rubber mats only go to the front of the seat from there its carpet. The passenger side is pretty good shape but the driver side is toast. So my question is are these floor mats or something else? They are roughly 35 inchs long by 20 inchs wide.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,809 Posts
The thing in your photo looks home made.

Your '73 originally came with rubber mats - not carpet. Replacement mats can be purchased from many of the Alfa parts suppliers. I just got some from Cicognani - see: TAPPETO N°1 ANTERIORE SX Cicognani offers the advantage of selling mats individually, rather than in complete sets.

·
Registered
1973 Spider; the daily
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing in your photo looks home made.

Your '73 originally came with rubber mats - not carpet. Replacement mats can be purchased from many of the Alfa parts suppliers. I just got some from Cicognani - see: TAPPETO N°1 ANTERIORE SX Cicognani offers the advantage of selling mats individually, rather than in complete sets.
Thanks for the input they look relatively easy to make and I like the way they snap in. I'll most likely buy a yard of black carpeting and make my own. I also need a floor pan and was wondering if you have any advice on where to get one. I'm looking for the cheapest option without having to make my own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts