Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting Alfa insight on an Alfa legend!! They are touring Paul's shop when they come across a restorable 67ish Duetto..when asked: "How Much"? Paul replies, "Oh a couple of thousand and I'll even throw in a decklid"...Bet his phone hasn't stopped ringing off the hook!!! LOL It's good history...his dealership in Atlanta sold the most Alfas for five years in a row, I wonder how they all wound up in California?? More LOL. Dust off your spanners and enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
10,615 Posts
when they come across a restorable 67ish Duetto..when asked: "How Much"? Paul replies, "Oh a couple of thousand and I'll even throw in a decklid"...Bet his phone hasn't stopped ringing off the hook!!!
Yea, I was struck by the same thought. He's quoting prices for 1990, not 2020.

Then when he showed Tom the stepnose under the tarp, he threw out a price of $4,000. For a shell that evidently had no trim at all, no suspension, no drivetrain, ..... I suppose a decent Sprint shell might be worth $4K, but why twice the price of the complete Duetto?

·
Premium Member
14,018 Posts
Thanks for posting, most interesting, The PO of my Spider drove it from Columbia SC to Atlanta for service work in the 70's and they were the only parts supplier that I knew about for several years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts