Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Had some fun with a Type R Integra tonight!

752 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gt601 
#1 ·
Well it was a very long day at work, nothing soothes a 13 hour day better then a little freeway dual. I was coming home on highway 238 which connects 880 and 680 together here in the bay area. Some kids had what I thought was a type r integra. Its so hard to tell since most kids dress them up that way, and being that I cannot tell if he had 4 lugs or 5 (Type R's are 5 lug) I was not sure. I passed him just trying to get home, then he starting picking on me. Well, I opened up the taps on my near 200,000 mile 164 (note original motor) and off we went for some fun! His car seemed a little quicker, probably modified, but I could hang with him. I am sure he was surprised out how a big 4 door sedan with nearly the same horsepower (but way way more torque) could keep up with his white rice rocket! At one point I saw an honest 133 on my speedo, granted it was on a downhill, but the car was still pulling! This went on for about 10 minutes, he would stomp it, I could hear him drop into third and his motor turning what must have been 7500 RPM, but I could keep up, only once did he pull me, but I think he got a good jump. After a bit I came to my senses, I did not want to go to jail after working a 13 hour day! Anyhow, old tech could keep up with new tech, I just wonder what he told his friends! I have a feeling it was something like "Man this Alfa Romeo 164.....ever heard of one? That car was fast, if it were not for my VTEC I would be dead!" Oh well, another tale for the nephew when he gets old enough to drive in 11 years lol!

See less See more
#2 ·
I remember when I had it out with a GSR going over the Grapevine and he ate my dust in my old Recaro S.

#3 ·
I really enjoy a good BMW or VW spanking. (Ooh, that sounded bad)
Those owners think that they are so superior.
Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.