Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
I am a fairly new member to the forum.
I am just about to buy a Gulia sprint GT type 105.02 chassis nr AR 612432.
I need some help concerning the right dashboard for this car.
I believe its a 1965-66 model.(scalino)and she is in a very good shape.
The owner told me its a 1969...
Can this Gulia have anything else than a flat dashboard?
She currently has a dashboard very similar to the series II 1300 GT junior (not the flat one)

Any help on that will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance and apologies for my English.

Lef (Greece)

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Lef,

Conclusive proof of the date of your car's construction can be obtained by sending an email to Marco Fazio at Alfa Romeo: [email protected].

The chassis number does strongly suggest a 1965 car, according to the semi-official 'bible' of chassis numbers written by Luigi Fusi. If this is the case, the car should have the grey dashboard. Finding one might be a problem, but there are (supposedly) a couple of large stashes in Athens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks Alex,
I just sent an email to the mentioned address.
As soon as I have a reply from Mr Fazio I will let you know.

Have a nice day,

Lef

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for the quick response!
We doubled check the car and it looks like everything else is original...but the dashboard is still a big question... Don't really understand the reason of replacing the original flat dashboard to a newer one(for that period).
I hope(?) it won't be very hard to find the right dashboard in case needed.

Cheers

Lef

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Morning Alex,
i finally got the answer from Mr Fazio this morning.
She is a Gulia sprint gt built 29 of March 1965.(LHD)
I have doubled check the car and there are no sings of cut and shut at all,she is in a very good shape for her age.
I only wonder why did one of the previous owners changed the original flat dashboard to a GTV1750 dashboard and i cross my fingers it won't be very hard to find a flat dashboard (LHD)around the world.

any advice would be more than welcome.
greetings from Athens Greece

LEF

·
Super Moderator
10,623 Posts
>I only wonder why did one of the previous owners changed the original flat dashboard to a GTV1750 dashboard and i cross my fingers it won't be very hard to find a flat dashboard (LHD)around the world.
LEF:

Keep in mind that you need more than just the dashboard pictured in the link posted above. You will also need the dash cap (first photo below) and glove compartment. You probably also need new gauges; the gauges that fit the flat dash (shown in second photo) are different from the ones in later dashes. But of course, I have no idea what gauges were fitted into that later dash installed into your earlier car.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot for the info guys!
i will check how much a compete dashboard will cost and see if i can find somebody that can do the "surgery".

keep well

LEF

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
If you can't find a dash elsewhere and it is important to you I'd be inclined to pick the piece from the Italian vendor up and piece it together with parts from one of the later fake wood GTV/ GT junior ones ... but even the later ones in good shape are fairly big money.

I haven't seen a grey GT dash for sale for a long time ....

Might be worthwhile to talk to APE before though ... they might just have one.

Alfa Parts Exchange - Used Alfa Romeo Parts

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi there,

Vintage Customs, a shop that specializes in Alfa restaurations, currently has a repro dash for the stepnoses in their products listing.

I tend to think that since these guys are some kind of perfectionists (My personal oppinion) their repro-dash should be of good to very good quality (this said I have no affiliation with these guys... apart from watching their videos which are great)

this is the link to it:

Vintage Customs Performance ? Alfa Romeo Stepnose GT Fiberglass Dash

In the hope that this helps.

Regards

Thomas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts