Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB 1600 block in good condition that does not need any machining to sleeve seats or bad corrosion to areas arround same is this a possibility

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Subtle,I live in Brisbane Q,land down under and getting a block re-sleeved here is vey expensive.what kind of money is he looking for, Bill

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
The Spider I bought in December had the 1600 and the seller said that it had about 5,000 miles on it. I now have a "built" 2 L in it.:D

Here it costs some $5,000 for an overhaul, and they paid me $3500, which is what it cost to instal the 2 L.

I'm WAITING for a new high-output starter, which could arrive in a month. The current 1600 starter was rebuilt two months ago. With that the engine would also have a distributor, with a spark-enhancement box.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Subtle, I have found a engineering business in Sydney wmo will do the for half of what they wanted in Brisbane, so that is he way Iwill go and do the motor myself. Thanks for the time you spent on my behalf and if i can return the favour just ask.Bill James down under

1 - 7 of 7 Posts