Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need to raise some quick cash to help buy a rusty 74 Spider that just became available.

This airbox does not clear my cam covers so I cannot use it with any of my engines.
Been hanging on to it for years, not sure what it's worth, make a fair offer and it's yours.

Top halve casting 105 .02.08.210.02
Cannot find a casting # for the lower.
Nice original finish, I can bead-blast them if desired but that would alter their appearance.

Very similar or identical parts on eBay (But not as clean) are $250 - $500.

Alfa Romeo GTC GTV Duetto Super Original Carburetor Airbox | eBay

Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint GT Used Air Box Assembly | eBay

Richard (775) 783-4867
[email protected]
In No. Nevada just outside of Carson City.
Can ship.

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it looks like the guys wanting $500.00 for their ratty bead blasted units on feeBay are dreaming.

Seems to be the sort of part that is only really valuable when I am BUYING.

How about $150.00 shipped?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Interest if this could work with a 2000 in a GT Sprint application with Webers.

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
It'll physically fit on pretty much any 105 car. Duetto, Super, early Euro Berlina, GTV, they all used this part in the 1964-1967 era. That said, you need a 105 1600 cam cover with the dip in it to clear the snorkel, and you need the room for, and a way to attach, the filter can over on the exhaust side inner fender, which a 2000 GTV wouldn't have. Or I guess you could fashion some kind of other filter.

This airbox is supported by a long strut from the intake motor mount, and a short strut off one flex mount stud, though that one is often missing.

Andrew

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Support rods are easily fabricated and I do have a sample to make a drawing from.

I was going to mount an air cleaner in the nose where the air should be cooler.

I can confirm that you do need the cam cover with the dip in it.
If not I would be using it myself.

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
Yeah, tdskip, should fit fine in a stock Sprint GT. It'll sit a but higher due to the taller 2000 block, but there should be room under the hood.
Andrew

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mocked up my rebuilt engine on the test stand today.
Stuck the carbs on the manifold and tried the air box.
Looks like if I put a spacer between the plenum portion and top piece it would clear my cam cover.
Or, since it seems these really are not that valuable I could just cut down the snorkel portion.
So I will probably find a way to use it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts