Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I cannot reset my password via the site and helpdesk cannot help

I set up an account over a month ago. Posted a few times and then forgot my password. When i went to reset, the password reset link does not work as it states it my 'email is not recognized' which makes no sense b/c I received my registration link via the same email address.

Reached out to administrator (seems like a third party) and they attempted to send me a reset link 3 times. None of which came though and are not in spam filter.

This appears to be a site issue. I now have had no contact from the helpdesk for over a week, their last response stated they would find another way to reset my password...., so am posting here in hopes I can get this resolved and access the forum for my 1750 GTV restoration.

There may be other people also having this issue which is preventing access.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
alfalou

Hi, I'm able to log on, but I'm not sure if I'm registered. I think I had some problems with the email I was sent. Any suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, sorry, I see my post went through! Now for my question: The last two times I ran my '80 Spider, the dip stick popped up and sprayed oil in the engine compartment. MY mechanic asked me to try and find a schematic of the crankcase vent system. Any help or suggestions out there? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Thanks for allowing me to join this site. It was recommended to me by Ian Lomax. I signed on to the Alfa Romeo 105/115 Series facebook page as I'm interested in learning all I can about ownership of Alfa Romeo GTVs, as I think I may want to purchase one in the next year or two. I know very little about them other than I've always liked them ever since seeing one back in my youth in the 1960s.

I have owned a number of mostly British classic cars over the years and for a long time was active in the motorcycle scene in the 1970s up to the mid-1990s. I currently own a 1972 Austin Mini Clubman saloon (coupe), RHD, with a supercharged 998cc engine. I purchased a nice 1982 Triumph TR8 last year but only kept it for about 6 months as it was pretty uncomfortable to drive. (I sold it to a collector in Alabama). I like classic cars that I can drive. My Mini is not a trailer queen nor is it a totally restored show car. It is presentable and I always say it is a 20/20 car...looks dam good at 20 feet and 20 mph!

My Mini has taken me on drives up and down Hwy 1 and inland routes to San Diego, CA, Bend, Hood River and recently Portland, OR. It has been driven frequently on 500 mile weekend trips and has been the only classic UK Clubman at Monterey Car Week the past 6 years. It is a blast to drive on a twisty road but a really bumpy ride because of the tight handling set up. My wife of 30 years refuses to ride in it more than maybe over to Sonoma for lunch and back and only on smooth winding roads.

At our age, I'm thinking maybe it is time to get a more sophisticated classic car we both can enjoy and that got me thinking about an Alfa Romeo GTV. Problem is I know nothing about them other than I have always admired them from afar. Joining this site is the first step in the process for me...learning all I can about the car, the issues with mechanical, rust, etc. What the maintenance costs might be, who works on them near where I live, etc.

I'll search the blog as much as possible to find answers to my questions but I hope, like most enthusiast sites, you'll understand I am a total Alfa neophyte so sometimes my questions may seen a bit off.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Some people have signatures with their posts and profiles and others do not. I went to mine and there is no way i can see to add a signature. Why is that?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got it! Thanks for the thorough understanding on how it all works guys (and gals) - been a fan for awhile now as my brother-in-law and I area refurbishing a 1974 AR. Got it for a steal and the body is in pretty **** good shape considering it's long life.

Weird when I posted this it said there were links, but I don't have any?

61 - 75 of 75 Posts