Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
In your User CP (Control Panel), select "Edit Avatar" and add the picture you like next to your name. Note the size constraints on the avatar image. You may have to reduce the image as described in item #4 of this post but the constraints on avatar images are much more stringent.
That sure took the pain out of setting up a new user. Thank you!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Many thanks Simon..... I hope to learn as much as possible about the Alfa Romeo brand on the forum and perhaps as time goes by, be able to contribute to the Alfa community by sharing my experiences.

Best wishes,
Giuseppe

·
Registered
6 Posts
1986 Spider flooding at idle

I have a 1986 Spider 2.0 with the L-jet fuel injections. Just started restoring it after it has sat for 10 years... I have her running, however, once started it is immediately flooded. I can disconnect the fuel pump relay/drive relay and it idles perfect and does not flood out? I have changed many sensor and relays to the same trouble in the end. Fuel pressure is correct at around 37 psi. Any help will be awesome.... Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
You'll probably get better results if you post this in the Spider sub-forum here.

I have a 1986 Spider 2.0 with the L-jet fuel injections. Just started restoring it after it has sat for 10 years... I have her running, however, once started it is immediately flooded. I can disconnect the fuel pump relay/drive relay and it idles perfect and does not flood out? I have changed many sensor and relays to the same trouble in the end. Fuel pressure is correct at around 37 psi. Any help will be awesome.... Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Member , Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hello Alfa Friends,

I just joined the forum, I had a 69 Duetto a while ago, and now looking for a 2000 GTV, and join local club again.

Omar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the invite. Just purchased a "field car" that has not been driven in four years and sat in the desert. Hope I'm capable of handing this challenge, a 1978 Romeo. It appears to have mechanical fuel injection. The motor turns and the oil is clear. I'm going to take the tank out immediately and seal it. It's canary yellow but paint is toast. Top is toast, seats are gone. Steering wheel is salvagable, minimal rust, (spare tire well). Mileage shows 45K, but perhaps that has turned over already. underside doesn't appear to have been dinged and seems to have an undercoat. Checked the air filters (2) and they seem good. Motor turns. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not very good with the computer, sorry. I posted this message on top thread. Thanks for the reply. I have taken the car to bare interior and luckily have not found any rust. (california car then NM car.) All Italian parts on car and I believe the miles to be 45K original. I'm trying to get the muffler (s) off. It has a catalytic converter on it (California)
and an air pump which I have taken off. I was wondering if I just had a straight muffler if it would be better for the engine. Well, thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i see this is an old thread but, in looking for a tail light for my gtv i was wondering if there was someway to narrow the field in the for sale or wanted posts? IE key words or something or the sort? thanks for any sugestions

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
i see this is an old thread but, in looking for a tail light for my gtv i was wondering if there was someway to narrow the field in the for sale or wanted posts? IE key words or something or the sort? thanks for any sugestions
Yes, an easy way to narrow the searches is to use Google for searching the "Parts for Sale and Wanted" forum by adding "site:abc..." to the search term. For example, searching for "gtv tail light" would look like this:
Code:
gtv tail light site:http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-parts-sale-wanted/

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello from Louisville, KY.

Sold my Porsche 911 a few years ago...just before that stupid scalper bubble. Life has stabilized to the point I can find another "project"...I think!

On my short list is a 1750 or 2000 Berlina. Just watching them now and getting a feel of what's out there and what it goes for. Been seeing a lot of very shiny, fresh imports at premium prices. Frankly, I'm totally cool with a scruffy '74 with big bumpers as far as that goes. Tired of looking through e-Bay and Craigslist and figure this is about the best place to find one genuinely and honestly changing hands.

Thanks and cheers

Justin

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
what has happened to my subscription?? Alfaboutvegas??

oh, never mind. my computer is acting funny

21 - 40 of 75 Posts