1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Alfa powered boat???:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think I'm looking at one side of two back-to-back Vs here, yeah? But, there are 6 plug wires sneaking through the top side of the closest cam cover. There aren't 6 chambers under that cover, so I'll say they're twin-sparks. Now, that cam cover is pretty big for 3 cylinders, so these two engines probably displace a boat-load. I'm going to say it's not a boat, though, because I think I can see some asphalt on the bottom-right of this shot.

Also, on a boat, these 2 engines would probably be side-to-side, rather than in line.

I remember reading that Alfa and Ferrari (or Lamborghini) actually made a car with 2 engines in it, but that was 40 years ago.

Based on all that I'll hazard: single-prop aircraft. Since it's all pimped out, I'll say single-prop trick plane, maybe a bi-plane.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Definitely a boat, using 2 24valvers.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think I'm looking at one side of two back-to-back Vs here, yeah? But, there are 6 plug wires sneaking through the top side of the closest cam cover. There aren't 6 chambers under that cover, so I'll say they're twin-sparks.
Close. Two 24v V6 3L alfa motors placed one in front of the other. The 6 wires you see are the two wires going to each coil pack on each cylinder.

Alfa powered boat???:)
Definitely a boat, using 2 24valvers.
Definitely not. It has four wheels.

Alex Csank said:
Special tube-framed 164 race car! It's outrageous!
Nope, its not an Alfa race car, these are in a convertible actually! Maybe the 164 Procar came with twin V6 motors, i only saw the V10 car.

·
Registered
219 Posts
A convertible? Well, I'll bet its not the 2008 AR Spider Converible that's supposed to show up in the US next year for the 2009 model year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Tipo 159 Alfetta replica? Alfa land speed car a la Mickey Thompson? Beats me! C'mon already, don't be so coy, TELL US:D

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like the engine bay a lot more than the car! Now all i need to do is find something to stuff two 2.5L V6s i have laying around into. Maybe a boat!!:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts