Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
fons,
thanks for the heads up. you need to get back into an alfa. your old junior was on ebay last month. did you see it?

·
Registered
699 Posts
OK now I see.
You folks on the left side of the map have to clue the rest of us in on your secret codes and stuff.
The recycler is a listing of stuff for sale Right ? ?
At first I thought the smog had gotten to you and you were tossing GTV into the recycle bin at the county dump !
MrC

·
Registered
699 Posts
Now Anthony, the wrong side ? Watch it man, we did not say anything bad about your side yet.
Just kidding;)

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
i am glad you guys can take a joke! in all seriousness, if you east coast guys are looking for rust-free alfa's, check out the recycler. always spiders and gtvs in there as well as milanos and 164s. i have purchased quite a few good cars out of that site.

·
Registered
135 Posts
the problem for us east coast guys is the shipping. usually, the price to ship a car over here to ny is around $1,200. does anyone know of any reputable shippers that are reasonably priced?

i'd really like to expand my search to the rust-free belt of the west coast.

john

:cool:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Alex Csank said:
Actually, in proper terminology...it's you folks who live on the "Sinistre" side!
We've heard it all out here. For some reason the rest of the country refers to Los Angeles as "La La Land". Must be out of jealousy.

·
Registered
751 Posts
My personal favorite term is "the Left Coast"... and of course, we've all heard the theory that the country is tilting, so all the fruits and nuts roll to California ;-}

·
Registered
751 Posts
Wow! Why isn't that a national service? I've heard about it, but never seen a link for it. More Alfas in there than listed in the Auto Trader for the whole country. Cool
Sorry about the "fruits and nuts" crack, guys...just funnin' ya!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Really? When I was looking for my GTV, I only come across a few in my 9 months of search on recycler.

I found more of them from classifieds in SF and Seattle.

Ended up buying one on eBay from Salt Lake City, UT. :(

CarPoor said:
More Alfas in there than listed in the Auto Trader for the whole country.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've lived on the East Coast, I've lived in the Chicago area, and now I live on the West Coast. Let's just say this, if the USA needed an enema, it would be inserted in Chicago. I would not move back to Chicago if my current salary was quadrupled! Seriously, QUADRUPLED! Worst weather I've ever experienced, winter AND summer. You get more mosquito bites in one night in Chicago than I have gotten in 17 years in California. And the women.... don't even get me started on those heffers. Would it kill a midwestern woman to eat a salad every now and then?

When we are talking about cool places to live, east coast or west coast, we aren't forgetting about Chitcago (spelling intentional), we are ignoring it for reasons obvious to anyone who doesn't live there.

:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator - Alfa Romeo Expert
16,232 Posts
racea911 said:
I would not move back to Chicago if my current salary was quadrupled! Seriously, QUADRUPLED!
I would!! Could afford four more Alfas.:D

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
You know what? It isn't a good policy to 'dis' a place just cuz you didn't have any fun there. I have found that just about every place can be great...if that's the kind of fun you enjoy.

I should know. I've travelled just about everywhere and lived on the East Coast, West Coast, many different places n the middle and also as far away from here as Cambodia.

I'm not trying to brag about my travels though...I just mean that I'm sure that Chicago suits people who like Chicago. I mean, if it was good enough for FRANK SINATRA, then its good enough for lots of people!!

Enjoy yourself...wherever you are!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I only dissed a place in RESPONSE to a guy saying the West Coast and the East Coast "Stink" and that Chicago was a great place to live. Having lived for years in all three places, as I'm sure that poster hasn't, I wanted to respond.

I had tons of "fun" in Chicago as I lived there for 7 years. The fact was that I had fun with the people there in spite of the fact that we were almost always surrounded by weather and/or pests that were ridiculous. There are some great people in Chicago, it's just the environment they live in leaves so much to be desired.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My comment was one made to provoke those who are easily provoked, and not meant to be taken seriously. I agree with others that the place you live should fit you. If you cant handle such a great city as Chicago, that's just fine. and about the summers, its 80 and sunny all week. and about the women, i won't even dignify that with an answer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts