Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if this info is out there. Did search and did not find it. I just bought from Advanced Auto Parts a direct fit new windshield washer pump. Plug and play. Used original Alfa rubber grommet. Even electrical connecting is identical. Advanced A/P part number 18910252. Number on box is 172872 from ACI.$15.79

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Nice tip, I may have to go order one, mine has not worked in years!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Not sure if this info is out there. Did search and did not find it. I just bought from Advanced Auto Parts a direct fit new windshield washer pump. Plug and play. Used original Alfa rubber grommet. Even electrical connecting is identical. Advanced A/P part number 18910252. Number on box is 172872 from ACI.$15.79
Deluxe information... Thanks !

Sounds like a rubber grommet did not come with the pump, huh? But, still.

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTV6 washer pump

Rubber grommet came with new pump but I don't think it will work. Original is longer. And my original was in good condition.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Thanks! This is exactly the kind of help we all need as our GTV-6's age... and parts become scarce or NLA. I printed this out and inserted it into our shop binder.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I bought a used tank a while back since mine was cracked, so this was a good time to do the replacement of the tank and the pump. The new items are on the right. The new seal does not off the lip for the inside, or it would work, I a little bit of sealant to hold it in place would make it work, the friction of the pump inside it did not seem to hold, but like the original poster, mine was in fine shape, even with the white residue that wiped off.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Thanks to this great post on there being a economic answer waiting out there, I stopped by Advanced to snag one for myself !!

When the guy behind the counter looked up which variation he had listed for a GTV6, he found a number in his file and came back with one that looked very different. Luckily, I had brought along a dead one to show. This time he took my old one back to his stock shelves, and quickly came back with one that nearly matched my unit perfectly. The only difference seems to be that the new one has a plastic flange next to the connector blades. I haven't fitted my new one yet, so I don't know if the unneeded flange will interfere with the plug. If it does, I can always remove the excess plastic with an Exacto saw.

Just a reminder to bring your old pump along... and to not trust what their computer says is the correct model. The unit I brought home has numbers that match the ones HotLegs had outlined above.

Thanks again for the great tip !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts