Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new or perfect Bronze windshield with antenna for gtv6. Will consider a bronze with no antenna. This is for a complete restoration so it needs to be nice. Also looking for a perfect dash same gig. perfect! odd parts? zender, momo, evo kits etc im interested in. New old stock, New seats, etc NOS parts as well

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Good luck with both of those issues. I felt lucky to have located a clear tint windshield, with no integral antenna. Was told that one may be the last new one on the planet. Found that near Boston, from a firm that deals in hard-to-find auto glass.

On finding a dash in primo condition... the skins on those were not high quality. So, it may be possible to uncover one with a couple of minimal cracks around the vents. But, on a 30 year old part, these seldom survive in decent condition. You may want to consider a dash cap. These can be found for $70-110+ S&H new. Make sure you ask if it has a square hole in the lower left, or without. Earlier GTV6s had a hand throttle handle there, that later models did not.

You may be up against the same on seats. New vinyl and leather skins can be bought new, but are not cheap. Only a 30 year old rarely used garage queen might have nice seats remaining.

I have plenty of used GTV6 parts from my organ donor bone cars, if you want to check in as you get deeper into your project. Again, good luck with your search.

Peter
[email protected]

·
Registered
496 Posts
I actually think we just found a retail glass shop that may have a couple of older GTV 6 windshields without the built in antenna. They have not been checked but at a shop that sent us a list of inventory last week. Just not sure condition and color but I know by part # without antenna. If interested in pursuing let me know pm email: [email protected] Thanks Richard

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Deluxe !... It was Richard at ProSource Glass that found a windshield for me, in the past. So, you are in good hands there, if he can uncover an acceptable tint for you.

Richard: When you are more sure of what variations you may have uncovered on the GTV6 windshields... maybe, post those here so we all know what may now be available again. Thanks ! I think the amber tint, with integral antenna, may be the most in demand.

Peter

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hey Peter:
Hope all is well in Burlington, one of my favorite places (love the French restaurant with outside seating in the Downtown, can't remember its name).. I will let you know when i found out. If the 2 are available they are probably green tint without antenna by the part# but will see if I get an answer in next couple of days. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thanks Richard. The last order I got from you was a clear tint GTV6 windshield. To save anyone here from making a dedicated 7 hour round trip to Boston, we found a local guy who makes that trip regularly with a van to deliver medical supplies. Then solicited more ALFA glass orders locally, and added two 164 windshields to justify all. Split the $60 pickup charge three ways. And loaded him up with a stack of blankets and pillows to ensure we got 3 pieces of glass... not 400 little pieces. Worked out great.

If you get back up to Burlington sometime, I'll meet you at the French restaurant for lunch.

Peter

·
Registered
496 Posts
I was just remembering Leunings or something like that as the name of the restaurant. I do remember the guy as it was a little different situation but worthwhile as the trip is a big one when you factor in the round trip unless you have to be in the area.
Thanks again for the post and will see what i find out when time allows. The shop that has these is 75 miles away.
Take care
Richard

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Leunig's--- Corner of Church and College Street. Good memory. You may have to wait for April to get a sidewalk table, tho :- )

·
Registered
Giulietta spider veloce 62-Alfetta gt1980 Spider 1991
74 Posts
I have front Windshield bronze with antenna
also have front European flex exhaust pipe new original GtV 6
call for more information 514 352 2447 Remo
i live in Montreal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts