Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm interested in finding a good working pair of window switches for my GTV6 dash. Specifically, the later angular style, with the backlit illuminated graphic. I believe these are left/right specific. So, would need one left, and one right.

I have some of the earlier softer design, with the arrows imprinted on the buttons. Those actually seem to hold up better. But prefer the visuals of the sharp-edged model. The softer-shape switches are not left/right specific... since you can just put them in upside-down if they work backwards.

Here's my e-mail if you have an extra set to sell, or want to swap for other GTV6 parts: [email protected]

Thanks, Peter

·
Registered
Giulietta spider veloce 62-Alfetta gt1980 Spider 1991
74 Posts
hi Peter according to mi 1986 gtv 6 microfiche the two switch are the same left and right alfa parts #60703438 i have 6 new original alfa old stock $ 45.00 plus shipping call Remo if you need picture and moor information (this is angular stile )
Lubrimont imp Montreal 514 3522447

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
If they are the same, then the wiring was changed to accommodate them. Like Peter, I found the illuminated switch will only work in the original wiring on the driver's side. But you can change the order of the wires in the block on the passenger's side. Ask me how I know.

Rex

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi Super and Rex,

Thanks for your response. I'm certainly interested, as your switches are brand new. Is that $45 + S&H for the pair? Canadian $ or US $?

I'm only 1.5 hours south of Montreal, and jonesing for a few bags of fromage en graines. But mailing may make more sense for now.

I popped a couple of those switches out of my summer ride to show the left/right differences. Both are identical from the front. But, as you can see in the pix, the connections on the rear side make the difference. Two of the left sides would work. But then one would be upside down on the dash. Or, when I pushed 'UP', the window would go down. I've positioned these in the pix as they would appear on the dash (left= drivers side/ right= passengers side).

Would it be a simple request to ask you to check the 6 you have, to see if you have one of each style? I couldn't find a part number on either switch.

Thanks, Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
Giulietta spider veloce 62-Alfetta gt1980 Spider 1991
74 Posts
Hi Peter the price is $45.00 US x 1 switch + ship. $10 US x 2 (only two left 4 sold)
the 6 switch i have are all the same ( AnSor brevet-og c 1166 )
i am not mechanic i only sell Alfa Romeo parts
see picture for reference.
for more information call 514 3522447
and you are welcome to Montreal.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Peter the price is $45.00 US x 1 switch + ship. $10 US x 2 (only two left 4 sold)
the 6 switch i have are all the same ( AnSor brevet-og c 1166 )
i am not mechanic i only sell Alfa Romeo parts
see picture for reference.
for more information call 514 3522447
and you are welcome to Montreal.
Hi Super,

Thanks for the pix. If your new switches look the same on the backside, as in your pix, those would be for the driver's side window.

I'll give you a call to discuss one or two of those.

Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts