Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the rolling windows on a GTV6 could be swapped for the windows out of a GTV6. Mine are scratched from the previous owner and there is someone parting out an Alfetta GT in my area. Has this been done? And will they fit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not so worried about the front triangle windows. Just the main part that rolls down. Mine are scratched, so having nice ones would be better.

·
Registered
909 Posts
My guess on the door windows is that the GTV6 has a fixed triangle panel in front of the moving door glass, and the same triangular opening on an Alfetta Coupe has the same dimensions... but rotates. ALFA, in my experience, seldom goes out of their way to require more than necessary tooling and new parts in their updates. If you were to measure the width of the parallel door window channels on each car, I think you'd find them to be the same.

I have extra GTV6 movable door glass to offer. But shipping glass can be a bit iffy, even if the packing is exceptional. I can check tint and scratch condition if you find the glass panels are a pure swap between the two models. Nicola, where are you located?

Peter

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
On USA versions I believe the GTV6 and Alfetta have main window glass that is identical dimensionally but has different metal brackets on the bottom. I have main door glass for both cars and I''ll check them tomorrow. It may be possible to remove and switch out the brackets. I can take photos but I don't know how to post them here. I can send them to one of you by email.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts