Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok its been driveing me nuts as ive heard alot of information in all directions and need to set this straight in my brain

if you put a 87 milano and a 83 gtv6 side by side how much of the mechanical is actualy diferent.....obviously the milly is longer and a taller body but lets assume that the sheetmetal is all removed

is the front and rear end setup 100% the same..as ive heard alot about bad suspension angles here and there

ive been under both and they "look" about 99% the same front suspension and rear suspension, yet ive been told there the same and ive been told there not at all..engine looks to be in the EXACT same spot ect.........soooo someones gotta have the actual answer

id love to have a difinitive answer in my brain to settle it ....

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Milano will have an LSD. 83 will probably not. Stock anyway.
Milano (I think of that year) will have an isostatic shifter mechanism.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Front suspensions are interchangeable. Rear suspension should be interchangeable, save for watt's linkage and shim heights for the dedion crossmember. The only thing left is the wheel base.

There are many more detailed differences, but I'm assuming you were just talking about suspension. You can swap any of the parts around on the suspension except for the watt's linkages and torsion bars (if they're different lengths that is). I'm using a Milano sway bar on my GTV6 for instance.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Milano will have an LSD. 83 will probably not. Stock anyway.
Milano (I think of that year) will have an isostatic shifter mechanism.
Actually not all Milano's had LSD only Platinums in the 2.5 and 3.0 liter cars had them. No GTV6 had LSD. You are correct on the iso shifter.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Alfa realised not all men would get their wife's permission to buy a sports car so they built the Milano for them.:):):) Hey I'm only joking!!!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alfa realised not all men would get their wife's permission to buy a sports car so they built the Milano for them.:):):) Hey I'm only joking!!!
LOL that was EXACTLY what i was thinking while looking the car over.....a "family" version of the gtv6

thanx a bunch guys thats exactly what i figuerd was the case on the milano but after all of the comments point in random directions i had to put it to rest

now i have some friends who need to be told off LOL

·
Registered
750 Posts
Milano has different gearing, also has power steering, and a little less "clunky" to shift. Both are great cars to drive, I miss our 89. The Milano is more comfortable on long trips I think because of the seating position, but in the end one is a four sedan the other is a two door GT, the two not only feel different to drive but of course look a world apart.

GV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts