Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
after restoring my car to nut and bolt ..
im now placing the vacume hoses.
boghot new set.mine were broken apart.
i also fitted the 6c written vacume menifoled.
in my car us spec 1984..there are theree hoses thet going from right fender(which a touch under to vacume box) .
two of them i placed..the thired one which is the thiner ...i dont have were to placed?
were it suposed to go...
the thiner one from right fender?
thanks for your help..

·
Joe Elwell
209 Posts
Hard to really understand exactly which hoses you're referring to. Perhaps use Google Translate for English? A picture would really help too!

There are hoses that go to the charcoal canister that is 'hidden' in a 'secret compartment' in the right front fender well, behind the right front wheel. There are two sizes of hoses here, so perhaps that's what you're asking about? I'll try to attach a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi.
yes..
you marked the right place..but there are 3 hoses there..
2 smaller and when bigger.
i conect two..bigger and smaller
the other smaller where it goes????
in your picture we see three..but the seconed smaller where it fits

·
Joe Elwell
209 Posts
Cool! So I'm not sure, but I think all three of them go to that canister. You can find the ends of these hoses behind a removable plate behind the right front wheel, pic below. You might have to drill out rivets if it's never been removed. Reattach with self tapping sheet metal screws. Good idea to clean out this compartment from time to time, as well as the same one on the other wheel (which is empty).

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi.
my problem is where to conect in engine bay as i explained...and marked in yellow the small hose.
where it goes in engine ?

·
Joe Elwell
209 Posts
Ha! So I wasn't reading very carefully - sorry about that! I can't look at my car right now - it's raining and car is outside under cover.

The first image I sent shows the large one clearly going to the ribbed rubber air hose. Ok on that one?

The problem is there are two small ones, so which to connect where?

One of them for sure goes to the second vacuum connection on the front right of the cast aluminum air plenum.

But where does the other small one go?

Anyone here know:
1. Where that second small hose is connected?
2. How to know which small hose is which?

Joe

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the one thet goes on planum i conect the problem is seconed small one..
i puted on him yelow arow..
i wait for response..its ok tomorow

·
Joe Elwell
209 Posts
This might help.

Look at the picture on post #10 by VaiVeloce. It shows that those three hoses each have their own hole in the fender. I would guess that the small hose at the back is the one that does not connect to the engine, but goes behind the firewall, as is described in other posts on that thread.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
The second small one connects to the vent line coming forward from the fuel tank.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi.
vintage milano...
where ?
i didnt saw this vent line from.fuel tank..
i see here only two fuel hoses from fuel tank..one inlet and one outlet for leftover

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
This post has an attachment with a diagram of the fuel venting system.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
K, special treat, I got all bundled up, went out in -19 to get some pictures for you. My little line back to the tank tucks under the coil bracket the heads down by the header before heading aft through the firewall blanket.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi.
its deficult to see.
if some one can take a video or good pictures where this hose goes...
thank you

·
Joe Elwell
209 Posts
Domo75 - is your question:

It's not clear what you're asking. I think you've said that there are 3 hoses going into the fender. RIght? Which hoses in your are car NOT connected and you need help with?

We've described where one of the small and one of the large hoses go to. The other small hose (the one going into the fender closer to the BACK of the car, will go 'behind' the engine and will go to the vapor recovery system at the back of the car. I've marked up VintageMilano's pic to show this hose. It's the white line.

But are you asking - which hoses connect to which parts of the carbon canister???

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi my friend.
the one yiu marked in white is my question yes..
how it goes to the back of car ..wher it conect..and so..yes this hose

·
Joe Elwell
209 Posts
hi my friend.
the one yiu marked in white is my question yes..
how it goes to the back of car ..wher it conect..and so..yes this hose
So we're getting close to the ACTUAL question :).

See the attached diagram. Hose 11 is what we're talking about. Ok, this is not a GTV6, but it's the same system, works the same way. Does this help?

I do not know where that hose attaches at the back of the car, near the fuel tank itself. But on your car, there should be a small rubber perhaps fabric covered) hose going from somewhere back there, to the engine compartment, and finally to the carbon canister. That's hose 11. The other fuel hoses (positive pressure feed to engine, and return of excess fuel to tank) are, I believe, steel.

Joe

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts