Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a scrap GTV6 that I'm getting ready to haul off, but part of the reason I got it was to grab the front torsion bars off of it for the Alfetta GT.

If I did this, can anyone comment on what all needs to come with? What is the part list that needs to come off the GTV6 when installing these onto an Alfetta GT?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Well my understanding is just the bars. Have a set of GTV6 bars but as of yet have not installed the upgrade so can't say positively. Only 99% sure.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Ok, so I have a scrap GTV6 that I'm getting ready to haul off, but part of the reason I got it was to grab the front torsion bars off of it for the Alfetta GT.

If I did this, can anyone comment on what all needs to come with? What is the part list that needs to come off the GTV6 when installing these onto an Alfetta GT?
What year GTV6?

The late '85 and later GTV6 torsion bars will NOT fit in the Alfetta - they were redesigned to use the same shorter bar as the Milano.

Otherwise, all you need is the bars. However, the entire GTV6 suspension (torsion bars, rear springs, and front and rear sway bar) is a nice 'street performance' level upgrade for the Alfetta. In fact, it's pretty close to what Shankle was selling as a street performance kit for the Alfetta back in the day.

If I were you, I'd also grab the entire front and rear suspension. Alfetta wheel bearings can be difficult to source. Bolt on all of the GTV6 stuff, you'll have vented front rotors and five bolt 15" wheels. The front castor bars on the GTV6 are also removable (the Alfetta ones are riveted to the front suspension, the GTV6 ones are bolted on), so castor bushings will be easier in the future.

HTH,
bs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts