Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear of the sunroof does not hold tight to the roof line - drops almost 1/4" in the back. Any idea how to fix this? Is there a missing clip or guide on the track?
How hard to remove and fix?

·
Registered
224 Posts
The sunroof handle turns two metal rods which run along the edges of the sunroof parallel to the channels it slides in. These rods have nylon runners on them, the rear ones are specially shaped and on cams and when the rods rotate this raises and lowers the rear of the sunroof. It is not so much fun to disassemble. The headliner under the sunroof needs to be loosened to get access. First remove the handle surround. Then pull down the cloth at the front of the sunroof - it is attached to metal tabs which snap into place - this takes some force, be careful. The cloth will then hang loose. There are some metal screws which can now be accessed that secure the mechanism to the roof, undo these and it all comes loose. As with most of the body work you need to wiggle things exactly right and then you can pull the roof out from the top, don't force it or wedge it. I did mention it isn't much fun. Getting it back together is also a bit of a puzzle and needs to be done in the correct order.

The nylon runners may be broken on yours. One of mine had come off the rod and was floating loose and the other runners had worn down. Did an r&r and it all works fine now. I have some photos which I might be able to post if I find the time.

Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine works best if I lift the back before closing the operating handle. Lifting the back seems to "set" the nylon tongues. Be careful if you decide to dismantle, take lots of pictures - the set up does not readily lend itself to being self evident. I have photos if you need.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Got an after market sunroof in GiGi fully automatic. Steve did it not me. It goes inside the car not over the roof. It a Webasto. It's a glass unit with a metal shade. Think it's how you spell it? It's awesome the modern features in this car and the look of an Alfetta can't beat it. That's why I bought HER!! The Sunroof as well as well as the climate control system Vintage Air, and the Fetterasation, that was a guess, of this car is quite the conversation piece at the convention this year. Pete why didn't you show up?????

IMG_2808.jpg

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Got an after market sunroof in GiGi fully automatic. Steve did it not me. It goes inside the car not over the roof. It a Webasto. It's a glass unit with a metal shade. Think it's how you spell it? It's awesome the modern features in this car and the look of an Alfetta can't beat it. That's why I bought HER!! The Sunroof as well as well as the climate control system Vintage Air, and the Fetterasation, that was a guess, of this car is quite the conversation piece at the convention this year. Pete why didn't you show up?????

View attachment 893426
Good question, John! I've only attended the local car shows (Stowe and Shelburne). Plus, car museums here and there. But never been to a true ALFA function. I'll let you explain what all goes on there over coffee sometime. Then you can remind me when the next big one comes around.

Our BB friend from Ireland (kondor) just returned from visiting the newly reopened ALFA museum in Milan. He managed to get a bunch of pix of all the good stuff, including my favorite--- the Carabo. He should be exposing a few of those here, before long.

Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts