Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a nice wood steering wheel.
Wanted to redo mine but price is way over any new one.
So wanted something wood like, but not too small. No power steering on 225 super soft.
Anyone as available?

·
Registered
458 Posts
My advice is keep the factory diameter. My friends GTV6 had a smaller wheel on 205s with aggressive alignment and it was a wrestling match around corners. Took the joy away.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. my though exactly. centerline has a really nice mahogany Forza wheel. and cheap. but it's 3 cm smaller in diameter. enough to make it impossible to move when stationary. i am now looking at leather wraps. they look nice. anyone has experience with this? i know original is 15" diameter. anyone knows thickness?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Here is what I put on my alfetta sedan in 15". I think I got it on ebay and it wasn't terribly expensive. A bit chromy, but brightens up the black interior and I can always steel wool it to a matte finish if I grow tired of it, but so far haven't.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is what I put on my alfetta sedan in 15". I think I got it on ebay and it wasn't terribly expensive. A bit chromy, but brightens up the black interior and I can always steel wool it to a matte finish if I grow tired of it, but so far haven't. View attachment 1669079
it looks good on a sedan. But and yes. too chromy. trying to picture it on the gtv6. i think it might be too classic looking.

·
Registered
458 Posts
it looks good on a sedan. But and yes. too chromy. trying to picture it on the gtv6. i think it might be too classic looking.
Yea, I wanted the black spoke one, but they ran out. Google nardi classico, the wheel this is a knock off of. The black spoked model would look great in a GTV6, but probably expensive.

here is a very cheap 15" black steering wheel if it suits you. Very few in 15" and 380 mm to choose from. Good luck!

ebay link

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have a near perfect GTv-6 one that looks for all the world like a wood one, but is in fact a resin of some sort. PM if you are interested for some pics. Thanks, Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts