Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you are referring to the dark panel that covers the lower portion of the door I believe it is just paint. It was done on some years (my 84 has it, but idk which others).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
the dark gray painted band above the rocker panel only appeared on the 1984 GTV6. The Factory alloy wheels(2 different styles-BWA and Campagnolo) on 84 models also came with dark grey wheels that matched the gray body color.

·
Registered
1985 GTV6
59 Posts
Check out OKTech on Instagram. They have a red GTV6 with the lower cladding either painted or vinyl wrapped. Lots of good pics there.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

Reactions: MHDB

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
There was a thread discussing the correct colour code for the grey section (also around window reveals) and it was determined to be AR761. I used this on my GTV6 and it was perfect. The clear coat will need a matting agent to get the correct sheen, it's somewhere between matte and semi gloss. Debeers do a kit that comes with matte clear and semi-gloss clear which you mix together to get the right finish, it comes with sample cards with mixing ratios, i think i went with 80% semi-gloss and 20% matte.

Reactions: MHDB

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There was a thread discussing the correct colour code for the grey section (also around window reveals) and it was determined to be AR761. I used this on my GTV6 and it was perfect. The clear coat will need a matting agent to get the correct sheen, it's somewhere between matte and semi gloss. Debeers do a kit that comes with matte clear and semi-gloss clear which you mix together to get the right finish, it comes with sample cards with mixing ratios, i think i went with 80% semi-gloss and 20% matte.
Excellent! Thanks! Found a company that does vinyl wraps according to color code: ColorMatchWrap.com Paint Color Match Vinyl Wrap Ecological Repair

I'll probably give that a shot as picking up a spray can and going over the original paint feels like a bad idea.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where was that photo taken, with the mountains in the background?
I saw this video from OKtech earlier (
), wouldn't be surprised if it was the same trip in the Italian Alps. Yet again... I believe they're based in Austria, loads of mountains in that part of the world. It is definitely not in the Netherlands because here it's as flat as a pancake.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Back to the main topic--- if I understood the question correctly... below the door along the rocker panel lives a long 2-piece plastic panel. About 1/3rd the way up the door there are rubber impact strips. In between those two horizontal strips is just paint. The rubber 'impact' strips don't really do much to protect the paint in parking lot encounters with doors opening. The widest part of the door at the crease protrudes beyond where the rubber is present.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
On the '84 in my yard, that lower painted swath ends at the center of the rubber impact strips (if you have those on your car). Since the body color on my car is a dark metallic charcoal, the paint on that lower section is a low contrast medium metallic charcoal. So a bit lighter shade than the main body color. But, on say red GTV6s, that color is a satin/semi-gloss black, from my observations.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts