Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did somebody purchase the kit from a repair shop in Perth AUSTRALIA (have seen that on GTV6.ORG-Survey Page) to solve definitively the shifting problems on the alfa transaxle? I am interested to instal that kid of modification in a racing car ( not a GTV6 but a prototype fitted with GTV6 engine and gear box )

·
Registered
512 Posts
would be good to see the car you are building will it be based on the gtv6 drive train front engine rear gearbox or are you adapting the transaxle to build a mid engined racer

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gtv6 shift mechanism upgrade

No it is not the isostatic upgrade nor the one proposed by Alex Jump in UK, the kit was including a new arm with 2 ball joints on the gear stick and 2 universal joints for 700$ !
About the prototype I will add some pictures later !

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think the one you are refering to was a one off custom job, that was going to be made available as a kit, but never materialised.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think Krebs Pierre was referring to a prototype that was done on Stephen M.'s car. I think it was designed using a computer and is a really good improvement and does not involve any cabin linkages. However, the unfortunate thing was that the engineer that did that got too involved in his business and never produced anymore.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Have not used that kit personally but have heard good things about it. Are you ONLY replacing 2nd gear ring? While apart you may want to do at least first three and two sliders/sleaves.

·
Registered
28 Posts
GTV6 shift kit

Thanks for the reply. I am going to replace not only the 2nd gear synchro, but anything else that needs repair/replacement while the unit is out of the car. Installing the monkey shift kit will be part of that process. thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts