Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends good night from Spain, I need to replace the rubber coupling that joins the tank to the filler (some cracks, so gas smell). Does anyone know where to buy it ? I did not found this spare here in Europe.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you all for your quick replies.
Both solutions seems to me very easy. I will try to find houses for the "sriswit" solution in my local part store, if it works fine the work is finish. If not, I am thinking about to mechanize, with my lathe, a piece of aluminium 57 and 51 mm as middle section and joint this with the filler neck and tank using apropiate houses.
Thanks for these ideas.
Sergio.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Here's a couple of sources you can try in the US. As this part was NLA and many needed fresh ones, I approached Greg Gordon at HPSI in Oklahoma to consider making new ones. His company supplies many rubber solutions for ALFAs. I sent him a sample of a filler neck, a beat up hose, and measurements off the gas tank neck. Within a coup[le of months he was producing new replicas. A few of us placed a group order, and the replies I got from others was that the new ones were an improvement over the originals.

When this came up more recently, I had heard that IAP/Centerline in Denver may now be marketing these hoses purchased from HPSI. The rubber was formulated to handle gasoline. Probably easier than making something from scratch, since each end has a different diameter. Let us know what you find out, and good luck.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Try calling HPSI in Oklahoma to see if Centerline is the sole distributor now, or if HPSI is allowed to sell them as well. Greg Gordon had the molds made and test fits before selling any. There was a delay between pre-production and production units. So could be delay in ordering a restock from the molder.

·
Registered
1984 GTV6
82 Posts
I ran into the same problem recently and I found a supplier that makes rubber fuel filler neck couplers. I posted the information here. Do a search for ”GTV6 fuel filler hose vendor option” to find the specs and vendor info. Easy work, but takes a bit of patience to install this rubber coupler as it's much thicker walled than the original.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts