Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for rear window louvers for a gtv6 before summer arrives here in south texas

·
Premium Member
15,862 Posts
Lino, of Alfa of Tacoma, had a set a few years ago. His son took them off the GTV6 I sold him, as he didn't like them. You might call Lino to see if they still have the set. It worked ok, didn't look too bad, flat black color.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
You might also want to consider some high quality window tinting, if you already haven't employed that.

One of the higher quality, but less advertised tints is Huper Optik - not a dealer, just a satisfied customer. This stuff does a great job of cutting UV rays, without all the non-effectual 'dark tint'... really good stuff.

Given all the exposed glass of the Alfetta/GTV6 - greenhouse issues are definitely a challenge.

https://huperoptikusa.com/

Applied this film to my 164, and yes, have a GTV6 project under way and will again apply this to every window I can.

·
Premium Member
15,862 Posts
One trouble with window tinting is that it raises the temperature of the glass, since the tinting is on the inside. It does help protect the interior from direct sun ultraviolet rays but the inside will be warmer than you think. The film also develops bubbles if the rear heating grid is used, making the window look weird.

The louvers on the other hand does keep things cooler inside because they stop the sunlight on the outside, away from the glass.

·
Registered
35 Posts
HI,

I've got one if you're interested - bought it long ago for
my Fetta Gt, but decided it didn't go with the MM spoiler
on the back - so I never installed it.

PM me and I'll see if I have a photo or two to send along.
I think the mounting plates (which are supposed to slide
under the weather seal) may need to be replaced with
something more beefy, not sure if I'd trust them at high
speed. But if would be easy to rig up a more secure installation.

Louver is in the Sea. area - (which doesn't exactly have a sun
problem!)

cheers,

Steve

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i bought the set from fetta, worked great, does cut down on the heat, 106 here a couple of days ago

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Vulcan. Looking forward to hopefully finding a nice one. Aesthetically they look great on the few examples I've seen. Black ones on my charcoal car should look great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts