Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
MAC, SNAP-ON, CRAFTSMAN, etc. all have various sizes of the bearing / race puller tools available. After that you just needs bolts and a plate with two holes (or use the thing from a steering wheel puller set).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I have that set lying around in the garage somewhere so will dig it out and see if it fits. I saw this on eBay but the size of the pullers prompted me to post as I wasn't sure what was the correct size to use without measuring it. I thought a direct fit part might be available.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I removed my hubs recently on my 75/Milano. I can't remember whether it was a thread here or other forums, but I found this work-around that worked for me, using only a gear puller and mallet to whack it intermittently.

I braced the back of the axle with the axle from the other side, which in turn was braced against the shock absorber mount on the De Dion. I presume the GTV has the shock mount like the 75.

Might work for you.

If you want to use a bearing splitter, you'll need one bigger than in that set. I have a similar set, but the larger size was still too small.

·
Premium Member
6,452 Posts
I’ll have one in a month or so. I can send you pictures etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts