1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Thanks for posting. After reading some of the forum comments from skeptical fans of "older" Alfas, I was on the verge of signing up for a Hagerty account and posting the positive experience of rescuing our GTV6 from a Copart lot and running the Lemons Rally and then using it as a daily driver for almost 3 years without any issues . . . . but I decided to let them go on thinking that the GTV6 is a bad deal.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't mind if prices stayed reasonable to allow true enthusiasts (who might not be super wealthy) a chance at owning and driving such a wonderful car without having to take out a loan against their house to afford it in the first place! The current wisdom seems to be all about wanting a car that you already own to skyrocket in value, but in my opinion this is only desirable if you are planning on selling it and making money. If you love the car and plan on keeping it, why would you want insurance rates to go up and then become afraid to drive it? The only silver lining of a large increase in the value of a car is the hope that if it becomes financially viable to pay a shop to restore such a car, then it might incentivize vendors to begin the reproduction of NLA parts.

Anyway, I have already posted my thoughts about such things in a previous thread about increasing GTV6 values. Life is short, drive and enjoy your car and don't worry about how much money it is worth!

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah - I have no dog in this hunt. I have my GTV6, not selling it and, if I ever do, it will be worth whatever it is worth when that time comes. No one buys a GTV6 because they think it a good "investment". We buy them because they are GTV6s and think they are pretty darn cool (because they are).

I have Hagerty insurance, so have an account, and posted similar to what you posted above in response to the doofus who posted "GTV6 has no place in a real car collection" or something to that effect and then went on about what junk they are. Whatever.

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Yup, need commented too. I got a deal on my GTV6 buying it for under $10k, but I have it insured for more. I was out of Alfas when the previous GTVs jumped and I didn't want to have to overpay for a GTV6.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah - saw your handle there. Great comments (on a a great car).

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't mind if prices stayed reasonable to allow true enthusiasts...
I feel the same way. Keep them cheap so they will be driven and enjoyed, and sometimes even raced.

Also, as car values go up, spare prices will go up, just because vendors can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts