#1 ·
I own a Spider, but also love GTV6s.:001_wub:

I have a board on Pinterest with nothing but GTV6 pics:

GTV6 Pics

Take a look, and enjoy!

BTW- a GTV6 is on my short list- maybe soon! :smile2:

-Ray

#6 ·
Thanks! Every time a see a new GTV6 pic I'll add it- so stay tuned!

I think the white/silver/gray cars look great with dark tint.

Red can go either way.

Most of the black cars look good not tinted.

BTW- I know it's not a factory color, but that yellow one is pretty cool!

So basically- I agree, just remember that there are always exceptions...

#9 · (Edited)
I did mine more to help save the interior from baking, but like it both ways.
That's a great point! Down here in South Florida, I guess I would go max tint no matter the paint color.

Of course, that doesn't apply to my Spider- if it's not raining, the windows are down! :)

BTW Hydro- beautiful car in either tint!

#11 ·
Mine has tinted rears.. here are some good shots to share. I'll have to check out your Pinterest link…

Reactions: mz107
#12 ·
Hi 76...

Great pics- beautiful car! Thank you for sharing... I just added them to my Pinterest GTV6 board.

Quite a diverse group in your garage- I'm surprised that they all get along together! :laugh2:

Good luck!

#13 ·
You're most welcome and great Pinterest Board!
My garage? Thanks, yeah they are a good bunch, LOL - I guess I'm a flaming automotive liberal, embracing all that cultural diversity! I gotta find some political slogans to spoof "Cars we can Believe in!". ? :grin2:

Reactions: rcmanners
#15 ·
76... Is that the original factory red on your GTV6? My next GTV6 project will be red. I've been looking over red cars on the street, trying to find a best shade. Some look great in the correct light, but 'pink out' when the shadows or light changes. I think I've found 3 that hold up under lighting changes. But, depending on what's on your car... I may add one more to my list.

Hoping for a strong red, with just a touch of orange in it. Perhaps a flame red vs an apple red. Before committing to any, I'll make a few sample panels to compare side-to-side, and review them at various times of the day, set at different angles to catch the light differently.

Peter

#16 ·
76... Is that the original factory red on your GTV6?
Peter
Yes it is, and original stripe kit too. Zero rust and kept in great condition by previous owners, so the color it accurate. A tad darker, less orangy than Porsche red is my impression.

Cheers!
- Art

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.