Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes I'm inclined to agree with you re aftermarket parts. The shocks have been replaced by the looks as they are yellow (Koni?)which I doubt are factory. I think lowering her just a little is on the cards as well, no more than an inch should be just ideal.
The ride is actually very smooth and quiet, no wobbles, shimmys or rattles, quite a bit of body roll though which gives the impression that the GTV6 is struggling to hang on on corners, I know I am! I know that suspension travel is a good thing and that's what enables cars to stay on the road and negotiate tight corners, but it would be nice if the car cornered flatter.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
You have to trust the car. rather than corner absolutely flat like a modern car who rely on high grip low profile tyres and very stiff anti roll bars these cars are designed to slide and will settle but not roll over or let go suddenly-they just don`t have the grip of a modern. What they are is a very well sorted vintage chassis. Takes a bit of getting used to but the chassis is very very safe and predictable with absolutely no vices. On real life roads though still a very effective tool but different to moderns.
Just for interest look up pictures of old road going Ferraris up to the mid engined Berlinetta Boxer and you will see that they roll in corners far more than anything current to put things into perspective.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts