Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know-I'm in search of a unicorn......does anyone have for sale a new GTV6/Milano/75(non-ABS) brake booster? I know there are reputable rebuilders out there....

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Dave but Everything Alfa's booster is for a 4 cylinder-my car is a V6 which gets a different booster

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
At that price, plus shipping...you might want to try your local rebuilder.

·
Registered
'76 Alfetta 1.6 saloon // '81 GTV6 2.5 // '90 Alfa 75 Turbo America
26 Posts
it's a pleasure to help.
This okp brake booster is so expensive (agree with horsewidower), but it's the only one i found. I'm looking for someone who's able to rebuild it at the moment.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good booster rebuilder in the northeast US? I bought a used skinnier Alfetta servo can for my 24v-into-GTV6 conversion to clear the larger heads. When I drove out the pin at the yoke, I wasn't careful enough. Snapped one side of the yoke off. UGH! It could likely be welded back into one piece, but I would worry that the heat might migrate down the shaft and scorch the rubber diaphragm. So, may require a pro to crack into it and reassemble?

Or... if anyone has any experience with these units, perhaps there is an easier way to remove the yoke rod without having to disassemble the can.

Once I have that solved, I will have an extra GTV6 booster to offer.

Thanks in advance for any tips,
Peter

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
265 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good booster rebuilder in the northeast US? I bought a used skinnier Alfetta servo can for my 24v-into-GTV6 conversion to clear the larger heads. When I drove out the pin at the yoke, I wasn't careful enough. Snapped one side of the yoke off. UGH! It could likely be welded back into one piece, but I would worry that the heat might migrate down the shaft and scorch the rubber diaphragm. So, may require a pro to crack into it and reassemble?

Or... if anyone has any experience with these units, perhaps there is an easier way to remove the yoke rod without having to disassemble the can.

Once I have that solved, I will have an extra GTV6 booster to offer.

Thanks in advance for any tips,
Peter
Don't know if they will rebuild it themselves but eurotech would be where i'll go.
Long time Alfa mechanics and racing history

1 - 11 of 11 Posts