Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I've had all 4 of those. Plus one in a dark metallic charcoal, and one in a champagne gold that would look more proper on a Cadillac or Volvo. That makes 6. I'm fairly sure there are more, but that covers the ones I've owned in the past.

Peter

·
Joe Elwell
84 GTV6
267 Posts
It's early in the am, and I can't for the life of me remember the name of the color of my own GTV6!!! So here's a pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
Posilipo Blue is one of my favorites (after my own "Bianco Capodimonte"). I think it was only available on 1986 models. A friend of mine has one and it's delightful. Know another NY AROC member who has one, too. I suspect it's a fairly rare color...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think there were 2 shades of silver... could be hearsay just because I don't know what mine is because paint decals are long gone...

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Joe149: Thanks for posting. Love that color! Back in the early 90's I was working in the stone business and an architect on a project drove one in this color. I can't recall seeing another one like it until now. Would love to know the name of it. ?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Posilipo Blue is one of my favorites (after my own "Bianco Capodimonte"). I think it was only available on 1986 models. A friend of mine has one and it's delightful. Know another NY AROC member who has one, too. I suspect it's a fairly rare color...
Posilipo is a great color. I wanted one in this color before I found my silver one. Does anyone have pictures of this color?

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Let me guess, it must be Stuarts blue GTV6. He is writing artcles for our club Magazine(in Norway), just printed in English. Also I know him from the nineties when we exchanged GTV6 colour infos. He wondered if we had blue ones in Europe, but no. I have seen better photo than this, but that is on paper.. Anyway a clip from GTV6 dot com With some info!

https://alfagtv6.com/gallery2002/gallery7f.htm

G.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, that's the color combo I was after. Blue with tan interior. One came up for sale a few years back here locally on CL, the asking was about $22. Don't know if it sold, but it never came back up.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've seen Stuart's car in person, but that's not the one I'm talking about. (Though it's really nice - last I saw him he has about 9,000 miles on his car...which is absurdly low when you think about it).

Anyway, the one I'm thinking of is owned by a buddy of mine in NJ and has about 70k on the clock and looks more or less like Stuart's, with some differences (aftermarket steering wheel, radio, wheels, S cams, etc).

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I've seen Stuart's car in person, but that's not the one I'm talking about. (Though it's really nice - last I saw him he has about 9,000 miles on his car...which is absurdly low when you think about it).

Anyway, the one I'm thinking of is owned by a buddy of mine in NJ and has about 70k on the clock and looks more or less like Stuart's, with some differences (aftermarket steering wheel, radio, wheels, S cams, etc).
OK Stuarts car is the only factory blue I have seen, so if you have other photos of blue cars in this colour, that would be a new experience.

G.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Here's my friend's car. Eagle eye'd observers will note the location as the old Alfa Import Center in Woodside/Astoria (now thankfully in Port Washington).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
We did not have blue and white GTV6 s here.

However quite satisfied with Charcoal metallic(the original colour), Black and Black metallic, Silver metallic and Alfa Red as the car looks fantastic in all those colours when paint is first class. When paint is worn and faded then nothing looks nice any longer.

G.

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think the GTV6 may be one of those few cars that will look good in pretty much any color (except, maybe Yellow, Purple, or Green, which were never offered...).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts