Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heater valve under the glove box in my '82 GTV6 is leaking coolant into the passenger side footbox. Anybody have one to replace or have a fix?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
442 Posts
GTV6 valve

Good luck Its easier to find a women that won't drive you crazy! But if you use a heater valve for an early MGB you can make it work..... Jim

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Araknd,

I got a replacement diaphragm from scottsoldrubber.com.au for my Alfetta GT, heater valves for which are pretty much unobtainable.

Provided the diaphragm is the source of the leak (and unless there is a break somewhere, that is the most likely problem) the fix was straightforward. carefully drill existing rivets, separate halves, remove old, install new(noting orientation) and gently re-rivet. Was $25 or so for the rubber. I checked just now, and the part is listed under 'others'.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I've got an nos one with the tube that connects to the heater core. 100$ shipped in the usa if anyone is interested. Pm me.

·
Premium Member
13,984 Posts
I got a replacement diaphragm from scottsoldrubber.com.au for my Alfetta GT, heater valves for which are pretty much unobtainable.
Here is the correct link Scott's Old Auto Rubber

I see the part listed. Thanks for the lead.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Jaguar E-Type heater valve works very nicely and is cheap. Only snag is that heater valve is full open when the lever on the console says halfway.

Bye

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, All! I have a replacement heater core with valve coming. If this doesn't work, then we will be trying out the other solutions you all have suggested.

Grazie. Ciao!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts