Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow alfistis,

I am seriously considering to create a copy of the GTV6 which Yves Loubet used in the Rallye Tour de Corse in 1986 (see picture).

The car was prepared by GEMA Racing in Grasse, France. Unfortunately doesn't GEMA exist anymore.

I want to use the car for historic rallying, hence it has to match the original homologation papers pretty spot on !

Which problems can you foresee in this project ?

Good advices, ideas etc. are more than welcomed.

Thanks !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Oh, that would be soooo cool. Sorry, all I can offer you is encouragement.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Dave,

How dare you... Yves Loubet came a beautiful 3rd :D

Well it was made by GEMA (Mr. Gérard Mandréa) and yes, it was group A. I do not know much at the moment, other than the 1983 version gave 218 bhp and had a heavy weight of 1100 kg. I suppose the 1986 version gave more, however I am trying to get in contact with Mr. Mandréa to learn more...

I will definitely keep you posted as my project moves on.

PS - I am still interested in all the help I can get :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Please excuse me! :D

I just googled the 86 event: Loubet won GpA! He beat Jean Ragnotti (GpA) by over 10mins. Ragnotti was in a works Renault entry, I suspect.

The list of retirements reads like a who's who of rallying: Mouton, Alen, Biasion, Auriol, Wilson.... and of course Toivonen.

So yes, the GTV6 was clearly very competitive. Of course, Rothmans tended to only sponsor competitive entries back then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Dave,

You're right, Group B was indeed absent, due to the accident of Toivonen and Cresto.

But in group A, Loubet finished group A very convincing. I remember a video from that event, where I constantly had the impression "now he is falling of the road" but he managed to drive an entire event slightly above the limit all the time :)

Actually I met Loubet on Corsica three years ago, we talked about that event, and he really enjoyed his own driving :cool:

For me this particular entry, is so special, and therefore it's now a project for me to realise. Might be there is someone out there, who has realized it already, but so far I am not aware of it.

Have a nice evening ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting, very interesting :eek:

No, it's not me, but I know the forum, as well some of the freaky frenchmen - I will definitely contact that guy and learn about his progress :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I recently(fall last year) saw this same car for sale on a German site, for not such an unreasonable price. You could have bought it instead of building a copy. I cannot find the advertisement now though.
Hey Gabor K,

Could you indicate what a "not such an unreasonable price" could have been?

Thanks!

Morten

·
Registered
26 Posts
try this

hi

have a look on the french site http://www.scuderiadelbiscione.com/ and the links page ... there is a pic of the car you are talking about, and some history of the rally cars. There is also a book somewhere on the site. not sure if the contacts speak english - I can help if u need to ask in french ...

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I remember the advertisement very well because I suggested a fellow alfa fan to buy it! Most probably I found the car on "mobile.de" . I really cant say the price for sure, but say 20.000 Euros, about the double of a good street car. And it was Loubet´s original car!

Some more info in the french GTV Passion site:

http://www.gtvpassion.com/somm.htm

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will post pictures when possible :p

By the way, do any of you know the name of the wheel on the black & white picture of GTV6 above ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Negative :(

Message from Tramont:

---

Bonjour,

Désolé, cette jante n'est pas de notre fabrication.

Cordialement,

TRAMONT

---

Any more ideas ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts