1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Motor bad...$$$$$$
Salvage title???
83 Worst year for a GTV 6
Dump a "S" load of $$$ into it
You might get a return of .24cents on the dollar !

Parts car at best!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Seems like the worst thing about it is the valves are bad on it. A newer 2.5L could be had out of another wrecked GTV6 or a Milano. One could step up to a 3.0L and be ready to go for around $2K. Much cheaper than buying into a rice burner or crappy "Germ-filled" auto.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Plenty of 2.5 motors out there... just swap it out with a running engine. It does say 'no cancer'. On the East Coast, $650 would be worth it's rust-free weight alone.

If someone bought it, they could likely recover more than half their investment by selling the aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I live in Davis, so if you'd want me to take a closer look, I could.

Heck, I bought my GTV6 here in Davis too. I'm amazed that this town would have more than one of these in it's small borders.

·
Registered
481 Posts
looks like a good restore-able car. Great for those like me who have 2.5's just sitting in a shed ;). Even if the whole thing doesnt pan out, you could sell misc parts, then the wheels, and scrap it. cars are worth 250 bucks in raw dirty scrap these days here (in Canada).

biggest sell point tho...no rust. if its true (and its far fetched :p) it would be an excellent track car or resto shell.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have a 164 3.0 id sell for $150 if someone buys that car. If its got a complete engine it in all you would need is a 3.0 flywheel and you could swap the other parts over from the stock engine to the 164 engine to get it to fit.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
looks like a good restore-able car. Great for those like me who have 2.5's just sitting in a shed ;). Even if the whole thing doesnt pan out, you could sell misc parts, then the wheels, and scrap it. cars are worth 250 bucks in raw dirty scrap these days here (in Canada).

biggest sell point tho...no rust. if its true (and its far fetched :p) it would be an excellent track car or resto shell.
Brendan is right... Unfortunately (or fortunately, for some) GTV6s are worth more dead than alive. Someone with the patience could recover the $650 investment rather quickly. The rust-free shell that remained should fetch nearly that to someone with a rusted beyond repair GTV6 parts car.

Two bad cars can make one very nice keeper!... with parts to spare (and sell).

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
My take?

Spend 10K on a complete soup to nuts 24v swap, with performance bits, and suspension refresh. Spend 5K on the body, paint and interior clean-up.

Have a car that is worth 15K to the right buyer, maybe 12-13K to most any serious buyer with the cash and desire to do it and worth 10-12 as a fire-sale!

Book-value for a nicely done resto-mod Alfa GTV6 - 8K...? :confused:

Return on "investment" - zero to minus xx.

Return in "fun-factor and knowledge gained" - HUGE!

Return in kudos for job well-done / Alfa saved / "awesome project dude!" terms - massive!

Return on investment for fun to drive / cool car to keep - immeasurable!

Do it for no other reason. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts