Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello - my GTV6 has no servicable exhaust parts past the cats and eventually I'd like to try a few options to see which sound I like best. To that effect I'm looking for any center and rear sections, whether stock or Ansa, Supersprint, etc. I'm sure someone has a nice Ansa system sitting in the corner of the garage, right? I know - long shot. SO, I'll take well used stock parts too as long as they are reasonably priced. Please PM me. I'm in the Seattle area, and travel to Portland frequently... anywhere else you'd have to be willing to ship. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
I have an as new ansa resonated center section, as new non resonated ansa center section, and excellent used ansa sport rear section. Dual tip. It's old production I.e. made from the heavier gauge steel. Send me a pm if interested.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob - I'm no expert on the V6 cars but that looks like the Milano one per images on IAP. The GTV-6 seems to be a mirror image as far as the tail pipe exit and hanger goes.

Jim Tyson - I PM'd racingswim2006 right away yesterday and have not heard back yet. IF his price is something I can afford, I'll go for it. I do have a line on a stock exhaust too and pretty excited about the possibility of getting to compare the sound of the two.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump. Still looking for something... anything? I'm aware of new stock(ish) parts available, and the option to take it to a local muffler shop, but I'd rather not do that. So, please let me know if you have usable stock parts or ANSA, Supersprint, or the like. Willing to pay good money here, but you have to be willing to box it up and ship in the next week or so. Thanks - Piotr

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Well, I have a complete Stebro system, it connects to the stock exhaust manifolds and goes all the way back. It has only a few thousand miles on it, it's all stainless and in very good condition. The only real flaws are slight scrapes on the cats, which you would probably have eventually anyway on a lowered car.

I would argue that this is the best exhaust system ever made for the GTV6. It's on evil bay here: Stebro Exhuast System Alfa Romeo GTV6 3 Pieces 3 | eBay

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Greg - I saw that on ebay. And although I'm sure it is worth it, I just can't spend that sort of coin on it. GLWTS and I'm still looking.

·
Premium Member
14,012 Posts
When my rear muffler failed I took it to Midas and they welded in a replacement for about $150. My car has no center muffler and it sounds fine.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Greg - I saw that on ebay. And although I'm sure it is worth it, I just can't spend that sort of coin on it. GLWTS and I'm still looking.
I hear you. It's a good system though, better sound, performance, and emissions than the stock system, plus it's all 304 stainless so it looks good and lasts forever. It's a lot less than it cost new!

Too bad you missed the stock parts I had up for sale a few weeks ago. They sold pretty fast though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts