Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,
I need to find a source of exhaust manifold Studs for stock GTV6 headers. I want to sell 8 or 9 of them, but most need studs.
Anyone know of a source?
And what size the 2 pitches are?
I used to know, but I'm wicked old and beat up now, my brains a bit tired.
Thanks for your help,
Glenn
HMA

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
I assume you're talking about the studs coming out the bottom of the manifold (where it connects to the exhaust upper section). If so, it's 8 x 1.5 on an 81 engine I have in the garage.

As to source, maybe McMaster-Carr?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Richard, what do you think of stainless? And length?

Crackie, McMaster-Carr, they look like a good source

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
HMA -

V6 studs from manifold to downpipe differ in length depending on if mating with USA type converter with ball/socket OR euro pipe flat flange. The threads in manifold are M8x1.25.

Avoid stainless (corrosion at manifold, galling, cost). Stick with plain or black oxide steel for the studs. Use high temp anti seize if you want. Zinc plated steel will not stay treated as the temperature of the manifolds exceeds the temp capability of the plating but many store bought studs are zinc plated.

Best fasteners to use on studs here are the copper flash dipped steel nuts. Or brass.

By the way - selling the manifolds without the studs is probably a worthwhile consideration. Studs make for more difficult packaging and not everyone will need the same length stud.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Get mine at the local hardware store! Believe it or not they are there!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Crackie!
They were delivered 3 days from online ordering!
Good high grade steel, nicely finished ends and wicked good price.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts