Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Handle surround slides backwards - be careful not to break off any of the plastic tabs (this one broke a long time ago).

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now the fun bit, which is trying to get the card off.

It is held on the bottom in a channel and the top is clipped under the top stainless steel window trim. Behind the card are six plastic clips which press into holes in the door and these need to be unclipped for the card to be removed - I always find these very hard to remove especially the one at the outer end of the card just above the bottom channel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
This is the tool I use to remove those plastic clips.
Me too. I think that it is part of a set from Harbor Freight. I have been working on window regulators this week.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Nice write-up tpalfa! These posts are the one's worth saving in fav's.

Taking these 116's apart is very difficult w/o breaking stuff! I have found that the triangular piece at the door grab-handle has a hole behind it that you can use to push from behind to help pop it out. I use the same tool to pop the clips in the door. However, the door card (if it has seen a lot of moisture) can crumble where the clips go. That may have to be built-up again using epoxy or whatever. Once the clips and screws have been removed, I also found that it's best to "bow" the card out in the middle to remove the bottom edge from the channel. Then you can swing the card up, to "unhook" the top edge from the window trim.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks very much!

That was a very helpful post - thanks! I rode around in a Ferrari a few years ago, hah, the window regulators/motor had to be the very same used in my GTV6, I knew that wheezy sound the instant I hit the button! Good luck, had the drivers side lift repaired a decade ago or so still working fine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
The slow window in my GTV6 is an alignment issue. I monitored the current and it jumps to 20 amps when it is about half way up. I messed around with the window guide rails and improved it but is still tilts and binds a little.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts