Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m looking for a gtv6 dash in any condition if you have any leads I would appreciate it

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Caleb--- What year is your GTV6, and where are you located? The earlier model years had a square hole near the driver's left knee for a handle to increase the idle... later models had no hole or handle there. Were you thinking to add a dash cap to make a raggedy dash to like new condition? A bit of work, but the results are great and long lasting.

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 1982 I just have a dash frame and the upholstery shop won’t touch it unless it has the old foam still on it. They said that they would smooth out the dash and put a dash cap over it

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
My extra dashes are for US spec GTV6s. Doubt I have the style with the square hole for the handle tho. Where are you located?

If you're doing the dash cap you will be happy with the results, as you can't tell it from a new GTV6 dash. But, if you were dreaming of a new leather skin with red stitching along the seams, the cap may be a minor disappointment.

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am located in grants pass Oregon what about you. As far as the square handle goes I’ll work around that if I have to. And as far as the dash I’m not sure the direction I’m going with a dash cap or not. I’m interested in seeing the dashes you have! Thanks

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm on the opposite end of the country, in Vermont. So, that eliminates pickup :- )
If you hit me with an e-mail, I'll see what I can find here tomorrow and send pix to show. Any I might have to spare will have some standard cracks in the skin.

Thanks, Peter
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I found one in my garage which was the earlier version with the hole for the idle handle in blue. There was enough rust in places for me to hesitate on making any promises for this one, considering S&H to Oregon might not make either of us happy. I got pix to show anyway.

I should have a couple more in my remote stash of the later design. As that's a 2 hour round trip, I don't get down there regularly. If you don't have any luck finding one more locally, and are in no big rush, I can be your backup plan on those dashes.

Peter

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found one in my garage which was the earlier version with the hole for the idle handle in blue. There was enough rust in places for me to hesitate on making any promises for this one, considering S&H to Oregon might not make either of us happy. I got pix to show anyway.

I should have a couple more in my remote stash of the later design. As that's a 2 hour round trip, I don't get down there regularly. If you don't have any luck finding one more locally, and are in no big rush, I can be your backup plan on those dashes.

Peter
I’ll take a look at it and see what I can do. can I see the pictures?

·
Registered
1982 Alfa Romeo gtv6
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Peter
Also I sent you an email

1 - 13 of 13 Posts