Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are many threads on this - but . . .
The current makers of dash caps for the GTV6 seem to be only Accuform and Palco. They are each slightly different in design and I'm wondering if anyone has used either recently and what your experience was.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

PALCO
ACCUFORM

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I've used the Accuform version with no problems. No experience with Palco.

The dash caps seem to come in two versions-- One has a square cut out in the lower left corner for earlier models that have a throttle control handle in that area. The other design has no hole there for the later models. Make sure you get the one you need fr your car.

Altho, you can use the one without that hole to hide that handle feature if you've eliminated that pull handle.

Peter

·
2,758 Posts
I had a 1983 GTV6 that came with a dash cap. Don't know which brand. It took me weeks to see there was a dash cap on it. The lip around the glove box opening was too thick though, prevented the lid from closing correctly. There should a way to trim that. Didn't keep the car very long, so I didn't get to do it.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
In agreement with Yves, there is some dinking required on the openings on these caps. Around the glove box and on the holes for the vents. A Dremel tool is helpful in fussing with the fits. When it's time to install, get one extra tube of adhesive since the glue provided seemed not quite enough for me. And borrow as many clamps as you can from friends, neighbors, and strangers. You'll want perhaps one clamp for every 4 inches of the perimeter all around the edges and for the openings.

As our friend in Montreal also pointed out, the finished product comes so close to matching an original dash that it's hard to distinguish the difference without a very close inspection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts