Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, looking for a functionally good turn signal/light and wiper switch for my '83 GTV6.

I could either use it for parts to rebuild mine OR use it as-is if its in working condition.

Currently my wiper section is now stuffed, as it seems to have jammed and something in there needs help, additionally it is missing the small ball detente in the high/low beam switch and will vibrate its way to high beam by itself.

Good chance that I could ruin the whole thing by dismantling it and I want to keep it on the road this year as much as possible, so I'd rather not disable the car for too long. if someone out there has one shipping will be to Victoria, BC Canada

Im ADDITIONALLY looking for the carpet piece which would go on the trunk floor, as I've owned my GTV6 for over 10 years without this...time to get one

Also need one side fresh air vent, somehow all my spares are junk also.

thanks!

·
Push hard and live
9,591 Posts

I’d strongly recommend against a used switch. Alfa stuck with the idea of running the full current load through the switch instead of more appropriate, and easily replaceable relays. Any used switch will already be dead, or nearly so.

I recently replaced mine in a 78 GT, and in addition to getting all of my lights back, the wipers regained their intended speeds.

·
Push hard and live
9,591 Posts
I doubt you’ll find an acceptable trunk carpet. I was visiting our local Home Depot recently, and came upon a carpet remnant that looked good. $13. Got home, drew out the pattern, cut it, done..

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive actually relayed all the high draw stuff in my GTV6 including the switched ignition circuits...its really helped the switch live longer...I wish our $ was doing better because a new switch will likely cost me $550+ if I buy it from either the USA or OKP

·
Push hard and live
9,591 Posts
Where do you live? The OKP switch is about 230 Euros, and their prices often include the presumed VAT, which you won't pay if you're not in the Eurozone. In fact, at current US dollar exchange rates, the OKP switch comes to about $209 usd, plus freight.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just did the conversion for the 230 Euro and it wasn't so bad now at $350...still a lot though

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I have these NOS ones. didn`t quit do any research as to where it exactly goes (Alfetta-GTV6)
Alfa part number 607 30522.
Vitalone part number 21449
I`ll do my homework on this asap but if anyone wants to put their 2 cents more than welcome.
Located in Canada. More pictures if needed.

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,591 Posts
The pictured switch looks exactly like the one I just installed into my 1978 Alfetta GT. While it was not identical to the one I removed, I figured it out and am happy now.

The one I removed had the same loose, colored wires and ONE large molex gang connector. The new one (like above) has the same large molex connector, and another smaller connector.

The main functional difference is that my Alfetta was delivered with its wiper controls as off-slow-fast. Or more correctly, off/nearly off/slow and halting. The new switch is intended to provide off, intermittent, slow and fast. To produce intermittent, one requires the controller, which my 78 does not have, but which I plan to find and try out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts