Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '82 GTV6 is going in for paint in a couple of weeks. What colors were available back in '82? I've seen red (of course), silver, and white. Mine is dark grey/nero metallico. Didn't Alfa ever paint this model blue or black...or anything besides red? I'd like to paint the body something that goes with the interior. I figure that with black and blue doors, blue dash, and tan seats, the Italians would have come up with something that matched somewhere along the line. I'm having the seats redone while I'm at it. Not tan!

·
Registered
309 Posts
According to the 82 sales brochure the colors available that year were Alfa Red, Silver Metallic, and Black Metallic. I think the dark blue became available in 85.

·
Registered
936 Posts
it sounds to me that perhaps your seats and paint have been changed over the years.

with the blue dash and door panels, i bet your seats used to be blue too. and then, with the blue interior, i bet you car was the classic early GTV6 silver paint/blue leather combo. i'm not a fan of the blue that Alfa used on the interior . . .

·
Registered
750 Posts
There were even a few that were red exterior with the blue interior - talk about contrasting colors! Agree, someone has replaced the blue seats with black ones ... you may be able to find some black interior door panels and a dash if you were so inclined ... maybe APE has them.

This could be useful:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=3895

As to exterior color I'd go for something that you really liked - black would look great as well as blue even if it is not an original color. Here was a picture of a blue one just for ref. though there are of course different blues. Depends too if you are really pushing to keep the car original or not else if you were really daring you could go with a duckegg blue!

http://www.alfagtv6.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1656&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

GV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts