Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I need to replace my clutch slave cylinder. I ordered one last week from Centerline, but I found out yesterday that they are on back order until the end of the year. International Auto does not have them on their website.

Does anyone know where I can get one?

Thank you all in advance.
Igor

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Try Andy at Performatek. He may have one.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Vick Autosports (not my favorite vendor since they changed management several years ago, but they are there) shows them for $50 on their website.

·
Premium Member
14,023 Posts
You could try DiFatta Brothers in Baltimore. They sell good quality parts and they have a large inventory. John Norman at Alfa Parts in Berkeley is another possible source.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Its the same unit as used on the 115 spiders, with only the shaft that the piston presses on being different. You can use the shaft from your old one. No need to pay 2X the price for a "GTV6" unit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your suggestions. Buying a unit for the 115 spider sounds like a good idea. The shaft on mine is fine, it's just the unit itself that is leaking (and I cannot find any rebuild kits for it). I think the one on Vick Autosport for $50 may be the one for the Spider as they say "for 6 cylinder cars use your old actuating rod". I think I'll just go with this one.

Thank you all for your speedy responses and great suggestions.

Cheers,
Igor

·
Premium Member
14,023 Posts
There are differences in quality of aftermarket parts. Cheapest is rarely the best. I suggest that you buy an Ate cylinder if you plan to keep the car for more than 2 or 3 years.

Paul Spruell sells rebuild kits for 15.50, No-Name cylinders for $44 and Ate cylinders for $121. Quality has a price.
http://www.spruellmotorsport.com/hydraulic-misc-c-22_2079_2374.html

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Thank you all for your suggestions. Buying a unit for the 115 spider sounds like a good idea. The shaft on mine is fine, it's just the unit itself that is leaking (and I cannot find any rebuild kits for it). I think the one on Vick Autosport for $50 may be the one for the Spider as they say "for 6 cylinder cars use your old actuating rod". I think I'll just go with this one.

Thank you all for your speedy responses and great suggestions.

Cheers,
Igor
Centerline says the same thing for $44.50:

https://www.centerlinealfa.com/clutch/647

Kevin

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the end I decided to simply get the rebuild kit from Spruell Motorsport and rebuild my original ATE slave cylinder. I already rebuilt the clutch master cylinder with perfect results, so I don't think it will be a problem to rebuild the slave cylinder as well.

Thank you everyone again for your suggestions and thoughts.
Igor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts